Glock Talk banner

Moving to WA state, possibly

4064 Views 94 Replies 44 Participants Last post by  Steel Head
Apologies if this has been asked.
I have done some reading and some search to not find a "correct" answer.
Things are happening in my life, and moving to WA state is a semi-viable option.
For anyone who has done the move from CA, or other state that requires gun registration, what needs to happen? Just take them with me and not do anything?
My understanding from the reading I have done, is that they do not have to be registered, except for buying from dealer, and not PPT?
Thanks.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· GTDS Member #49
10,103 Posts
I'll still take stupid drivers over enraged, selfish, and homicidal California drivers any day of the week.

When I lived in the Prescott, AZ area(taken over by Californians for years), I encountered road rage EVERY time I drove anywhere. Rarely was it directed at me, but I saw someone do something completely uncalled for EVERY SINGLE DAY. Didn't matter if I was driving to Phoenix, or driving to Home Depot across town.

It was just pathetic.

I got used to it. Forget about defensive driving; the best defense is a good offense...

Then I moved up here. I've seen two incidents of road rage in 4 years.

Yes, they drive under the speed limit for no reason. Yes, they don't turn their lights on in fog, and yes, you can be stuck at a 4-way stop for an incredibly ridiculous amount of time because no one knows the right of way rule and are ridiculously polite about not going first.

I'll take that over getting beer bottles thrown at me and death threats simply because the dump truck I was driving was too slow leaving an intersection. And yes, I called the police. They didn't even bother to respond.
Out of state plates here are a guarantee of driving less than half the speed of traffic in winter. White knuckles on the wheel. Eyes bulged.

· GTDS Member #49
10,103 Posts
Even plates from snowy states?

When I first moved back to Idaho from Arizona, I drove a 2012 Ford Fusion with, of course, Arizona plates. I'm sure people behind me assumed that I didn't know how to drive in the snow. Not that there were many people that got close enough to see my plates since I still drove faster than most of the local libs in their Subarus with COEXIST and Bernie2016 stickers...

Arizona gets plenty of snow...

Yeah we have those Subarus with the coexist stickers. Hell, a bunch of them are still displaying Obama 08 stickers, along with peta and save the planet, trees, whales. Driven by dirty, bearded hippies.

· GTDS Member #49
10,103 Posts
Wa. state went over the water fall when the libs elected Dixie Lee Ray way back in the late 70's.

· GTDS Member #49
10,103 Posts
I grew up at the beach on the Olympic Peninsula. Yes it rains, but a wonderful place. Lived for many years in SW. Wa. in the farming valleys surrounded by logging country. Loved it there.

Reactions: Steel Head
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.