Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone:wavey: its been a while.

I am happy to say that I will be moving from Illinois to Texas. I got a graduate assistantship at Texas Tech University studying amphibian ecology.

From what I have gathered I don't need any kind of FOID card like in Illinois. I am just planning on driving down there with my gun in my car (unloaded). Is all of this correct and legal?

Also, I spend a lot of my free time hiking and snake hunting alone and late at night so I want to get my concealed carry permit. How long do I have to be a resident before I can apply?

Thanks and I'm look forward to joining you guys in that great state.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Hey everyone:wavey: its been a while.

I am happy to say that I will be moving from Illinois to Texas. I got a graduate assistantship at Texas Tech University studying amphibian ecology.

From what I have gathered I don't need any kind of FOID card like in Illinois. I am just planning on driving down there with my gun in my car (unloaded). Is all of this correct and legal?

Also, I spend a lot of my free time hiking and snake hunting alone and late at night so I want to get my concealed carry permit. How long do I have to be a resident before I can apply?

Thanks and I'm look forward to joining you guys in that great state.
There is no wait to apply. Heck, you could do it NOW if you come down and take a class. I have no idea what a FIOD is, but you are fine with a handgun in your car LOADED, just keep it concealed and don't YOU be loaded. :cool:

No registration in Texas.

·
Monkeyboy
6,286 Posts
Hurry up and get the hell out of the commie state.:wavey:

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
congrats on heading down to Tx. I fled Wi a year ago.

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
Welcome to the Free America.

Burn your suitcases...you won't be going back to Occupied America anytime soon!

LOL

- brickboy240

·
Registered
52 Posts
I was on an elevator a few days back in downtown Austin. A gentleman got on and said...in New York we would pile a few more on the elevator and not wait for the next one.

I thought to myself....Maybe its because we Texans carry a few more guns than those New Yorkers...Had a personal chuckle....:supergrin:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts