Glock Talk banner

Moving to CO

3K views 56 replies 28 participants last post by  Villuj_idiot 
Moved here in 1980. When my Mom passes, we will flee at least the metro/Liberal cesspool that CO is becoming, if not the whole state.

I LOVE hunting and fishing and outdoors...and there are so many groups here now that see me as the total problem with America. I have been harassed hunting and fishing, and I won't even climb 14ers anymore. Too many fruit loops that are destroying the wilderness while whining about fossil fuels. They voted in wolves, and traipse through the Elk birthing areas causing large amounts of spontaneous abortions due to stress. They love abortion so much they make the Elk do it too.

Guns, actually not bad all things considered, except mags over 15 rounds, not in your possession prior to July 1, 2013 are not legal to possess. UBCs as well. That said, they increased their numbers in the legislature and I am sure a sweeping gun bill will be coming soon. They paved the way last session by the removal of pre-emption. It is going to be brutal. The 15 round limit is, again being put to the test under a suit. If that is a win, which it should be, it might stall the inevitable some.

CO is kind of like the US. Pockets of whacko libs and pockets of MAGA zealots, but most out of the 7 front range counties are generally conservative US loving folks that just want to be left alone.

altitude and dryness just killed us Florida people.
Just dropped my oldest at the airport to go back to Tampa.

Double your water intake, a baby aspirin at night. Helps lowlanders with the altitude.

What part are you from Mark?
I live in Jefferson County. West of Denver. Went to Colorado School of Mines and University of Colorado. For work, hunting, fishing, camping, hiking, biking, been in every CO county at one point.

Reactions: jstrange
My son guilted me in to doing the sky coaster over the Royal Gorge. Exhilarating, but I’ll never do that again!
If you come back to Ski, Wolf Creek or Steamboat. Summer, rafting the Royal Gorge and acclimating enough to climb a beginner level 14er is my recommendation.

• Helpful
Reactions: jstrange
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.