Moving to Arizona input

Discussion in 'Grand Canyon Glockers' started by MajorD, Aug 28, 2015.

1. B0308

B0308

Welcome MajorD! Grew up in Tempe, did a mil career everywhere else and contracting after that, but when we could returned to AZ, after living in Hawaii, LA, UP of MI, Northern Virginia and a couple of PcaRim and Arabian Gulf countries. AZ Wins!! Enjoy the Prescott area.

nursetim likes this.
  2. CTfam

CTfam Never Surrender.

Any update? I'm planning a similar move. Hope you got settled ok.

Agreed. I'm also looking at those exact states. Vegas is also on my radar.

3. bdcochran

bdcochran

1. decide whether you want to be urban or rural. Phoenix is the 5th largest metropolitan area in the US.
    2. decide what type of medical facilities you want to go to and find them on the map. If you choose an HMO, you must be within a certain distance of your primary attending physician.
    3. heat and humidity are not a problem if you are willing to spend the money on air conditioning.
    4. if you can figure a budget, whether your rent or own, you will know your financial limitations in selecting where you live.

You can figure out the foregoing without a field trip. Once you have figured it out, then you can do a road trip around an area with a local apartment rental group or a broker.

Most people who retire to AZ sell all the furniture and get rid of things and then buy new locally.