Glock Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Super Moderator
62,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Y'all know I like to dig in the backyards of some posters on GT to hopefully understand where they come from. lawman800 posted about a forum and I found this link there http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=238977 .

I warn you, there are 54 pages and after reading the first three I just went to the last page. That was enough to bring breakfast up in my throat. If you want to read any of it, start from the back and read forward.

This is a California gun forum with some rather rabid anti-LE members. The guy who started this thread is anti-LEOSA, anti-authority-given-LE, but he has friends in LE.

The premise is a non-sworn citizen, a civilian, pays a fee to become an 'honorary LEO', a special reserve officer, or some such thing, that would include a valid LE credential which would qualify the bearer for HR218.

Some of the posts are stupid, some are idiotic, not well thought out. Others are serious saying there is a market for this. All in favor of this concept are at least disrespectful of LE.

If you read anything over there and are on blood pressure meds, take an extra dose.

I'm going to bookmark this site, see if some of GT's California members are active there, and see how they post in a less restrictive environment.

· Registered
520 Posts
Without a change in the LEOSA being "Honorary or Special Reserve" wouldn't matter would it? Besides in a state like CA this is just few idiots that couldn't become LEO for one reason or another wishing that LEO standards get changed so they can wear a badge without going through any training or background check. That way they can do it the way THEY want with somebody else's rearend on the line when they screw up.

· Crazy CO
18,146 Posts
In every place there are knuckleheads. GT has their share, other forums have their share.

If they want to be special LEO, then let them go through some special LEO training and take on some special LEO responsibility so that they also can enjoy the special scrutiny.:whistling:

· Why so serious?
45mm 9ACP
69,083 Posts
Hack;14254559 said:
In every place there are knuckleheads. GT has their share, other forums have their share.

If they want to be special LEO, then let them go through some special LEO training and take on some special LEO responsibility so that they also can enjoy the special scrutiny.:whistling:
Funny, but now that you mention it, I've never seen one envious of or demanding the extra scrutiny an LEO gets... :dunno:

· Crazy CO
18,146 Posts
TheeBadOne;14254646 said:
Funny, but now that you mention it, I've never seen one envious of or demanding the extra scrutiny an LEO gets... :dunno:
Indeed.:rofl:

· Registered
520 Posts
TheeBadOne;14254646 said:
At least their desire for the extra scrutiny stops once they finally get it :supergrin: .

· Registered
5,073 Posts
Absolutely disgusting. I was a reserve in California for 8 years. I did it because I felt the calling.

These guys wanting to become reserves so that they can score a legal way to CCW makes me want to puke. If they want CCW *CHANGE THE LAWS or VOTE IN PEOPLE THAT WILL SUPPORT THEIR RIGHTS.

I'm 100% positive that the screening process will weed these self-serving scum out of the hiring process.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts