close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Moved Threads

Discussion in 'Announcements & Support' started by RaginCajun, Jan 23, 2003.

1. RaginCajun

RaginCajun

I was wondering what would cause a thread to be moved from General Non-Glocking? That includes a thread that I posted. And I quote:
    "This is a section where pretty much any non-Glock related topics can be discussed. Having a separate section for these non-Glock questions will help take some of the strain off of the General Glocking forum."

Thanks,
    Paul

2. JMC

JMC

Well, I'm not a moderator (and I didn't sleep at a Holiday Inn Express last night either), but I've been around discussion boards for many years. Generally, if a particular topic fits another forum much better, the board admins will move the thread to that forum. This way, your general forum has less topics to sift through and the post moves to a crowd that would be more interested in it. It used to be that your thread would simply disappear and you would think it had been deleted (unless you had been notified). With VBulletin, it creates a link in the original forum so both forums can then enjoy the post.

Hope this helps.

3. Fred

Fred Lifetime Member Millennium Member

I am a moderator and pretty much do just what JMC described. General Non-Glocking was originally conceived to take the load off General Glocking and provide a place for posts that didn't fit anyplace else. So posts asking about holsters that are in GNG I'll move to Carry Issues, posts asking about aftermarket parts I'll move to Gun Parts & Accessories, etc., etc.

Hope that answers your question. :)

4. RaginCajun

RaginCajun

It sure does. The next time I need advice on a supplier I guess that I will add that request onto a "regular" GNG post that I make.

Thanks,
    Paul