close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

move to SIG or stay with Glock?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by meshmdz, Mar 31, 2006.

1. meshmdz

meshmdz OBAMA 2012

i have caught the sig bug... i am going to get one and trade in my 26 and pay some more for a new sig where i work.. i will be able to get a reasonable discount. so it shouldnt be too bad...

i was wondering this for you sig pros out there...

is sig really as good and reliable as a glock? i have been wanting to know this ever since i found these guns.. i think the p239 will be a great ccw.

any help is appreciated.

2. FlaChef

FlaChef Steyroid

The fact that you are even asking this, and admit to having the bug, means you are only looking for a push over the edge.

I'm not gonna push though.

Just spend a month or two shooting your new sig.

Course I would say that about any gun over a Glock, but that's me.

3. Photocop

Photocop

Mesh:

I have done what you're about to do, only in reverse order. I was a very happy Sig owner for years and years until I took the Glock plunge.

Everyone has their own favorites and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. I love the Glocks more than anything, but admittedly this is partly due to the fact that it is one of the few manufacturers that offers guns in the 10mm chambering. (The 10mm is the "King of Kings" in the semi-auto handgun world.) But even that aside, I find my Glock to be more reliable, much lower bore axis to hand position for better recoil control and faster follow up shots, no decockers to fudge around with, and it's got the same trigger pull every time---no double/single action concerns. I find the Sig finish to be succeptible to wear very quickly, also, so I prefer the Glock Tenifer treatment over the Sigs' finish.

All of my Sigs' single actions triggers are crisper and lighter than my Glocks' triggers, but I don't have the long, double action pull to contend with which to me is a bigger advantage. Accuracy is better with my Sigs, but I don't carry these guns for target precision--they are strictly for self-defense, combat purposes. I still think that despite having slightly inferior inherent accuracy, the easier Glock trigger pull for the first shot allows me faster and more accurate placement of shots in combat scenarios. And as I mentioned, the follow up shots with heavy loads is better with the Glock.

Sigs are much better looking, generally more expensive, a little more accurate. It really boils down to personal preference, but my advice would be to hold onto your Glock. If your pistol is for utilitarian defensive/combat purposes, you will not gain anything by buying the Sig.

4. a1b2c3

a1b2c3

If you've never had a problem out of your Glock then keep it. I have an old W. German stamped P220 that is my favorite and has never let me down. I also have a 7yr old P239 that has been great. I've had several of the new railed Sigs and had nothing but problems and got rid of them.

5. G33

G33 Frisky! CLM Millennium Member

Glock and Sig.
    Nothing wrong with having both.
    :supergrin:

Then get a Smith revo.

6. meshmdz

meshmdz OBAMA 2012

thanks for the responses guys. i appreciate it. i heard that sigs were as reliable as glocks though. guess its all in who you talk to. haha. thanks again

7. malkore

malkore

get a sig. they are good guns, and so are glocks, and springfields, and berettas...

you might like it more, you might like it less, but you wont' really know til you at least rent one.

8. bigtinva

bigtinva Megalomaniac

meshmdz, If you are anywhere near Northern VA you are welcome to shoot my Sig P239, or many others that I own before you trade off your G26. I think that if you want a Sig, buy a Sig. But I would definately try to keep your G26, it is a great gun.

9. wolfy692005

wolfy692005 pro tinkerer

+1
    sad but true.. i have the P226, i just got this monday and have shot 200 rounds through it, it was used,, nice smooth.. love it so far

10. .45 Combat

.45 Combat

The companies put out some really good guns, but which is better for you? I have gotten to the point when I want something else even though it may be a H&K USP as an example, and I have my G-30 with me that I can trade, but I won't. Not that my G-30 has more appeal, I just feel that both are really excellent choices. Buy and keep them both if you can.

Sig builds a great gun. And yes 10mm rules.

11. seed

seed

I have both...The 239 is nice and every bit as reliable as any Glock. That said, it is a no-brainer to me as to which I would carry if I lived in one of the free states...The Glock. It is smaller, tougher and lighter (before loading the extra rounds, at least), and holds two more rounds. And consider that the G19, which is the best 9mm out there, in my opinion is virtually the same size as the 239...and the 26 is of course smaller than either...But if you want a pistol the size of the 239, get the G19. And then get a full or mid size Sig like the 229 or 226...

12. Rick Melear

Rick Melear

The proof is in how it it feels in your hand. They are both flawless guns. I have a Sig Pro 2340, its often frowned upon by Sig purist. It is however, the finest firearm I have ever fired and I own many. Buy the one that fits your hand and you wont be disapointed.

13. asintaderoche

asintaderoche

I just got sig 226st and still on my adoptation period. Glock is much easier in every aspect but sig is more accurate. In USPSA many become a grandmaster using Glock and only a few uses Sig. Right now as i played around with my Sig I'm on my way to an open glock project. Try the sig you'll love the way it feels on your hand, the high bore axis is easy to get used to. The steel weight really helps tame recoils. But don't expect an easy double tap shot on a long trigger travel of sig, it's a pain.

14. meshmdz

meshmdz OBAMA 2012

i have decided, i have the best 9mm out there, the G26. i cannot and will not depart with my baby glock. i cannot make myself do it and really, i just dont want to. i dont believe a sig can beat this gun. just me though

15. wade farley

wade farley Sonic 357 sig

:cool: The Sig 239 is more accurate than the G33! DA/SA not a problem!Heavy triggers/light triggers, if you know how to shoot, it's not a problem! How many rounds do you need? Remember, shot placement, ect! Have fun & stay safe!:supergrin:

16. SIGSAREBETTER

SIGSAREBETTER Teh Pieman

Getting rid of quality firearms is ALWAYS bad....and the G26 is one of the best. Save up and have BOTH. FWIW I prefer the P239 over the G26, but not by much.

17. buddyRoland

buddyRoland Proud Pop

Why not keep both brands. Completely different concepts but both quality weapons. Both are my favorite handguns.

[​IMG]
    P239, P245, P225, P228, P229R, P226, P220, G17, G19, G30, G26

18. rimfire22

rimfire22

I sold four Glocks 17,22,19,21 and bought 226st, 229 two tone, and 239. The Glocks were used the Sigs are new.

19. Warhorse

Warhorse

I couldn't agree more, except to add a Ruger MKII .22lr into the line up.

20. tgtshuter

tgtshuter Too Beaucoup

Nothing wrong with having both. I hate "which is better?" * threads, 'cause they go nowhere. Both have their strengths.

* BTW, I don't think that was the OP's intent here.

I owned 2 Glocks - G19, and G30. Sold them and went all Sig. I shot the Glocks well, but prefer the feel of the Sigs.
    More importantly, I prefer the Sig trigger. I also wanted consistentcy with style of trigger. All of my pistols are used for self-defense, and I am more comfortable having the same trigger action.