Mounting Screws Not Right

Discussion in 'Sights, Optics and Lasers/Lights' started by Lickskillet, Oct 17, 2020.

1. Lickskillet

Lickskillet

So I have a 19mos and a type II RMR. The screws provided in the plate kit are too short for mounting RMR to plate and screws with the Triji are too long. Anyone else have this issue? What size of screw do I need?

2. Fortunate Son

Fortunate Son

Same problem I had. Ended up getting 3rd party mounting plates and screws.

Lickskillet likes this.

3. Victor Dubya

Victor Dubya The Kindly Curmudgeon

Do you have this? https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1019255967?pid=302082 There is the sealing plate and two screws in it.

I'm in the process of installing a type II RMR on my G40 MOS and with this kit you get shorter screws than what came with the sight. I'd say close to 1/8 shorter.

I just got as far as putting the adapter plate onto the slide so I can't say if those screws are the correct ones but they extend out far enough to screw into the adapter. I haven't tried it with the sealing plate in place though.

You could cut the long screws as an option.

Hope this helps.

Forgot something. Get a screwdriver with a T10 tip on it. It makes the job much easier instead of struggling with those tiny torx wrenches that come with all the stuff.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2020
    Lickskillet likes this.
  4. Lickskillet

Lickskillet

Thanks guys.. I got the $19 kit with correct screws on its way

5. Victor Dubya

Victor Dubya The Kindly Curmudgeon

I finished installing mine. Seems to be OK but I am thinking maybe those screws that came with the kit could be 2 or 3 more threads longer. I installed it with the sealing plate.