Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Shut your mouth
5,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have never laid hands on one but I am likely going to get one along with the laptop dock thing. I am due for a re-up at AT&T-along with my wife-and am over the iPhone. Even though 4G will probably be a long time coming in my area, it still looks like a sweet setup. I am not sure what the wife is going to pick. Hopefully something cheap:rofl:

If it turns out to be a giant POS, I will return it.

http://www.motorola.com/Consumers/U...d-Services/Mobile-Phones/Motorola-ATRIX-US-EN

MF

·
Cheese?
9,977 Posts
the laptop dock thingy is $500... by itself. Plus the cost of the phone...

Yikes!

·
Cheese?
9,977 Posts
$500 for phone and dock together, with a 2 year commit to the smartphone data plan, PLUS the tethering add on.

It looks like a good phone, and the dock is interesting... but the cost seems high.

·
0-60 < 2s
251 Posts
The cost of the phone is $200 with a 2-year commitment. If you also buy the dock at the same time you buy the phone, the total cost is $500, otherwise the laptop dock is $500 on its own if you buy it afterward ($700 total cost if you buy the laptop dock after the fact). If you get the laptop dock, you are required to purchase the additional tether plan on top of whatever data plan you choose.

I am getting this phone with the laptop dock as well as the multimedia dock when it comes out, which I believe is March 6th. I have a grandfathered unlimited data/text plan for $30/mo that I plan on milking until the cows come home.

·
Drop those nuts
9,539 Posts
After it's been out for six months it will cost 49 bucks for the phone and 100 for the Dock thing. That's exactly what happens to the price of every 300+ dollar phone I buy.

·
Texan
3,790 Posts
Will the phone be much good without all the dock stuff?

·
Registered
10,551 Posts
I'm getting the Inspire next Monday, if I don't like that will return it for the Atrix. The inspire looks like a great phone, minus the front camera, which I never use on my iPhone anyway.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts