close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Motorcycle Pics

Discussion in 'Through-the-Lens Club' started by Rogueplayer, Apr 16, 2007.

1. Rogueplayer

Rogueplayer Fast Mover

2. ponykilr

ponykilr Off The Porch

Gotta love vintage bikes:supergrin:

3. Rogueplayer

Rogueplayer Fast Mover

I'm witcha.... ironically, had some cars at the Barber museum in Birmingham.

I love this photo, only spot lights and very little flood lights. I am an amateur; from the pros, give me some pointers. The red,lighting and dim concrete was difficult!!!
    Thanks-Rogueplayer

[​IMG]

4. ponykilr

ponykilr Off The Porch

Pointers!?

In my opinion you nailed it. The dimness behind the car is like a natural vignette making the subject be the thing that your eye is drawn to. The unusual lighting would be a real problem on skin, but on this race car it is perfect.

Ken Rockwell sez it best, be yourself. Art is whatever you say it is.
    Digital photography makes you an artist instead of a technical whiz by allowing post processing tweeks to be done at home(and complete what you only started in the camera) with software instead of a darkroom technician who may or may not know what your artistic intent is.

I think the "get it right in the camera" mantra is great if that is what you want to strive for. But make no mistake, photography is ART and the tools only just start with the camera. Make YOUR images and always listen to YOURSELF first. Let people give you critique and learn to accept it for what it is...someone elses opinion, not fact.
    learn from what people say to the extent that they may see something you dont, but some folks will like what you do and some will not.

One of the most important things I do when I accept an assignment is to talk with the customer and together decide what they want. When they are the ones paying, you must bend to their desire a little. But dont completely change your style to get a job, it wont turn out well and you will have taken a step backwards in your work and confidence.

You are far ahead of most folks from what I see. Keep being yourself and shoot, shoot, shoot to find your style and dont be afraid to try something completly different than what everyone else does.

Like asking a beautiful woman in a wedding gown to hold her hands above her head and dance with God while a crowded beach looks on...... :)

5. spober

spober

photograghy can be art.it can also be a simple documention tool.
    Besides ,whats more artistic a picture caught by the photograghers eye at just the right moment or the image thats minipulated ?nether?both?:banana:

6. the fool

the fool on the hill

last year my family and i went to barber motor sports park for the 30th anniversary mustang club of America car show. we went in the museum and it was awesome. it was the highlight of the trip.