close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Motherboard ?

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by jack19512, Mar 8, 2007.

1. jack19512

jack19512

I have a computer with a A7N8X board that I am having touuble with and any help would be appreciated. The computer takes around 2 to 3 minutes to begin to boot when first turned on.

My monitor power light will blink until this process begins. Since I have cleared the cmos the computer will begin booting until it gets to the "press the delete button to enter setup" stage.

When I press the delete button on the keyboard it will give me a blank black screen on the monitor with a blinking cursor at the top left screen and go no further. Has my motherboard seen it's final days? Thanks for any help.

2. malkore

malkore

I have the same board...never seen something like that. I know for a fact that the A7N8X-Deluxe boards used crappy CMOS chips. My buddy went thru 3 boards via warranty.

RAM and Video both get tested prior to the setup prompt...might pull all but one stick of RAM, and try booting, testing each stick one at a time to see if that makes any difference.

usually bad RAM is just bad...not slow to test/read.

3. jack19512

jack19512

Tried that but it didn't help. It goes through the ram test and everything shows good too. The board is probably just history, I just didn't want to give up on it until I tried everything I could. Thanks for the reply.

4. malkore

malkore

only other thing I can think to try is a different power supply if you have one.

don't even mount it in the case, just plug in and try.

5. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak

Hmm, could be I guess, if the PS is sending extremely irregular voltage to the MB.

I had that same board on my old system, and although I don't have it anymore, to my knowledge, its still ru8nning perfectly.

6. srhoades

srhoades

When the motherboard counts the ram it doesn't actually test it. Download the ultimate boot cd and boot to that and run memtest86+ to test your ram.

7. Patrick Graham

Patrick Graham Footlong Jr.

I second that..

If it boots to UBCD4WIN and runs then your mobo is probably OK...

8. jack19512

jack19512

Thanks for the replies. It wasn't the power supply or the ram. I tried other ram and ram slot positions and another power supply.

I had two of these boards, bought them about the same time. One is still doing fine the other is in the garbage now. I tried for days to no avail.

Just had to face the fact that the board was just bad. Ordered me a new board yesterday. Thanks again.