close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Mother arrested for beating drug dealer

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by security79, Jan 20, 2010.

1. security79

security79 Gene Frenkle

2. Kosher Larry

Kosher Larry MWAG

Holy conflicted Batman.

3. W420Hunter

W420Hunter

More power to her for keeping her kid away an teaching a lesson.

4. holyjohnson

holyjohnson

i`m glad when any drug dealer gets beat up,more so when its with a table leg.

5. Kosher Larry

Kosher Larry MWAG

Don't get me wrong. So am I. I also understand why they had no choice but to arrest her. Hence the conflict.

6. silentpoet

silentpoet

Jury nullification FTW.

7. Kosher Larry

Kosher Larry MWAG

God willing.

8. Gallium

Gallium CLM

IF the story is accurate, that is a truly ****ed up situation, to put her in the slammer for three days. I think I'm going to send her $100

'Drew

9. Gareth68

Gareth68

I would have far more sympathy if it wasn't just weed. I suppose she will shoot the first bartender that serves her child.

10. vafish

vafish

When I lived in Australia most of the Outback Aboriginal communities had "Night Patrols" They were made up of old women who patrolled the communities after dark looking for drug dealers, petrol sniffers and grog runners. They armed themselves with traditional clubs called Nulla-Nulla's and rode around as a group of 6-8 women in Toyota Troop Carriers.

They took care of business to keep their children and grand children free from drugs and alcohol. Only difference was their efforts were government and community sanctioned.

They were pretty damn effective, the drug dealers didn't care about the police, but they were scared crapless of the night patrols.

11. Gallium

Gallium CLM

Yes sir!

Because you know how easy it is to be a single MOTHER raising a black kid in an urban area, and/or how difficult it is to not end up dealing.

When people ask "were were the parents?" - here is one who stood up when it mattered.

She did the right thing, as far as I am concerned.

12. M&P Shooter

M&P Shooter Metal Member

If he sold my daughters weed and I found out his beating would've been way worst and done when no one was around. Sometimes you have to do the wrong thing to keep your kids safe and send the wrong people a strong message during your first encounter with them.

13. Andy123

Andy123

Trying to keep a child from a curiousity by inflicting violence on the outside world is like trying to protect a child from ocean waves by beating the ocean into submission. It just doesn't happen.

The way to protect a child from downing in the ocean is to teach them to swim, and to teach them to beware of the currents.

What lessons did the child learn from this example.

1. It's OK to use violence in place of the courts.
    2. Drugs are so powerful, they will sap my free will. (Wow, they must be good!)
    3. Free enterprise is bad, someone must always protect me from myself.

14. SouthernGal

SouthernGal What's Up Dox?

This is one of two stories that have made all the local Memphis stations.

The other story is that in the last week, we have had TWO self-defensive shootings of teens by store owners. In both cases, the 17 and 18 year olds came in to rob the convenience stores with a weapon.

http://www.wmctv.com/Global/story.asp?S=11842092

I find both stories refreshing. Parents being parents and people fighting back.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2010
  15. Gallium

Gallium CLM

How many kids do you have?

No, wait, I can answer that!

ZERO!

Were you raised by a single mother in the "projects"?

No, wait, I can answer that too.

NO!

Could he have possibly learned his mother cared enough about him to beat someone down?

In Andy123 world - NO.

Hey Andy, didja get all that from a textbook? :supergrin:

'Drew

16. GlockMonk

GlockMonk

Exactly....she should have taught the kid, how to differentiate good weed from bad weed, how to haggle price while remaining inconspicuous from the police, and of course, how to inhale and exhale properly.

We shouldn't snuff out the kid's curiosity, after all :upeyes: :upeyes: :upeyes:

GlockMonk

17. Andy123

Andy123

no, she should have taught the kid here are the bad effects YOU cause to YOURSELF if you take certain actions.

If you swim out into the ocean a mile in a rip current, you are responsible for your predicament. Having others (government) try to guarantee your safety from yourself is always a losing proposition on both ends. One, they are rarely sucessful, and even when they are, it then encourages more unresponsible behavior in the future.

@Drew - no I don't live in a ghetto, and no I have not fathered any children out of wedlock. I haven't developed a herion habit, nor have I stuck a hot poker in my eye. however, with out having tried either of the later two, I'm pretty sure that I can decide that they are both bad ideas.

18. HKUSP45Css

HKUSP45Css

I hate to admit it, as much as it would make me feel all manly to puff my chest out and beat it what a good mom she was ... why oh why didn't she just call the cops.

Engaging in felony assault over a non-violent crime is wrong, no matter how you cut it.

We are a nation of laws. Vigilante justice should not be condoned.

19. Mrs.Cicero

Mrs.Cicero Wayward Member

So, what, she should just lean back and enjoy watching her son get stoned because she can't do anything about it? You don't have kids, do you?
    Had my mother done that, I would have learned that she cared enough to a)risk her physical safety for my sake
    b)risk going to jail for my sake
    and c)that drugs are something to avoid if I want my mother around while I am growing up.

I have absolutely no compunctions against pistol whipping any drug dealer that tries to deal to my children. I am married to an attorney, from a family of attorneys and I am WELL aware of how disfunctional the "justice" system is. Some offenses against children need to be dealt with more immediately, and some offenders need to be dealt with more physically, than the courts can.

I, too, would like to know where I can send this woman some $ for her defense.

Mrs.Cicero

20. hyperstyx

hyperstyx

What responsible parent would not have had the same impulse? I expect many in the neighborhod will support her. LOUDLY!