close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Featured Most surprising betrayal ever?

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by CladderPup, Oct 6, 2017.

1. CladderPup

CladderPup

Who could have seen this coming?

Attached Files:

JDSTG58 and orangejeep06 like this.
  2. EL COLONEL

EL COLONEL

I think bump stocks should be bumped.

vba, texas 48, jame and 4 others like this.

3. First shot

First shot

It'll take a heck of a lot more than that for me to throw Hickock under the bus. He's always seemed like a calm port in a sea that's sometimes very turbulent.

4. Bcw7101

Bcw7101

While I believe Hickok is very educated and supports gun owners, I believe he may be wrong. If we “fall on our sword” what are we saying? That full auto is bad. Think how far we have come from “, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed”. I believe that we have compromised a lot to get from there to where we are now. To me I examine this my looking why did all those laws fail us? The law makers promised us we were safe. But as all of us really know. A “law” doesn’t stop a criminal mastermind. The Las Vegas shooter was smart, cunning, and patient. Think of all the laws he broke: Murder, firing a weapon inside the city limits, unlawful use of a firearm, etc. Did any of those laws stop him.....no? What happens next time when the criminal creates a bump stock and a silencer in his garage and does the same thing. How will we fall on our sword again? As we know the gun rights battle is never over. There will always be tyrants that want to take our guns away. Just look at all the people that post on FB laughing thinking it was good that a white killed whites. Or republicans got shot. There is a lot of Evil In the world. Never “fall on your sword” to playcate it. They will be back demanding more in the future.

erbob, crockett, GCBHM and 23 others like this.
  5. redrick

redrick

I agree with him , pick your battles and comprise on more important things .

There are far more people that don't really care about guns one way or the other . Those are the people that we need on our side . The side that can sound and act more reasonable is the side they are more likely going to side with . Taking a , I will not budge stance will make us look like Hillary and we saw where that got her .

We could do more for gun rights if each of us would take a kid hunting or shooting sometime soon , instead of sounding like the crazy gun guy .

Yes , I know the crazy liberals will always be after our guns , that is why we have to sound like the reasonable side around your friends and coworkers and take a kid or someone you know that hasn't shot a firearm hunting or shooting . They are our future .

erbob, SCHADENFREUDE, PzGren and 15 others like this.
  6. mattallamerican

mattallamerican

just use a big rubber band does the same thing

Lee Elliott and Glockdude1 like this.
  7. BillKillgore

BillKillgore

I agree with him. I never heard of bump stocks until a week ago.

With that said. I would like to be face to face with finestein and tell her N F W are the progressives ever getting anything else regarding the second amendment. I will support banning bump stocks if we add it to the national hearing protection act. They have to give a little to get a little.

8. Bcw7101

Bcw7101

This is a good example. We ban bump stocks only to find out they haven’t solved the problem. Then the politicians have to find a way to slow the rate of fire. Ummm ummm limit magazine capacity. Then the shooter will have to do more mag changes. Afterwards, there will be another shooting. Then we should get rid of all semi automatics. Let’s just do bolt action. We give an inch they take a mile. I’m hearing politicians saw “IF” he used a silencer he would have killed more people. They want silencers banned as well.

erbob, crockett, PVolk and 9 others like this.
  9. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

I agree with him. Bump fire stocks and trigger cranks and the like are toys for people who play with their guns. Not useful for shooters and certainly not a reason for an all or nothing battle with the anti-gun forces, that could grow into something worse. We just need to debate whether the best strategy for keeping them from going after actual guns is to go along or to fight a delaying action on this issue.

What the NRA has said may turn out to be a great strategy. They have said, "let ATF take another look." That will delay doing anything until the immediate furor dies down and most liberals move on to some new conspiracy theory or non-PC remark by the president. It gives us a good response to "we need to pass a law before we even know the facts!" - the response is, "wait until the ATF has finished its review." At the same time, ATF's initial opinion was based on the existing law and regulations and it is unlikely to change - bump firing is just pulling the trigger fast. It's a technique, not a device. NRA's end result may very well be that the whole thing fades away with no changes to anything, including bump-fire stocks.

erbob, Taco Junkie, annarbor and 23 others like this.
  10. PocketProtector

PocketProtector

Here we go back on the defensive. Eff that... stay on offense

11. Bcw7101

Bcw7101

Yep. Make sure you send in your donations so the NRA can fight for your cause. All the Firearms manufacturers are laying off employees. Never let a crisis go to waste. Got to stimulate doners to get the money flowing again. The NRA makes more money when gun owners are losing rather than winning.

Bullman likes this.
  12. Grumpy_old_man

Grumpy_old_man

I'm with you on this. If we sacrifice bumpfire stocks, then next it will be binary triggers, after that all high performance triggers (think Geissele). And since it will still always be possible to fire a semi auto by bumping, if bumping is "bad" then semi autos will have to be outlawed.

This is a huge tactical mistake by the NRA and those backing it are putting us on a course that will lead to Australia type bans in the near term.

Grumpy
    PS We should be fighting to repeal the NFA, not expand it!

erbob, crockett, BigBull 301 and 7 others like this.
  13. Bcw7101

Bcw7101

The politicians know the laws they pass aren’t good. The only way to “fix” things is to give them more and more power. Let’s look at Obamacare. That was supposed to make health insurance all better. But now they know it sucks. It’s a crisis. They need to fix it. So to fix it the populace needs to give politicians more power. I wish at my current employment I could do a bad job. Then when the boss comes in to ask what’s wrong, I could just say: Ok I need a 100% pay raise and a new car then everything will be sunshine and lollipops.

Grumpy_old_man likes this.
  14. dw6395

dw6395

Bump stocks never should have been lawful to begin with. There is no practical reason for them to exist.
    I strongly support 2nd Amendment and own a number of firearms, belong to a gun club ( outdoor pistol and rifle range, trap, skeet, sporting clays, 3 gun, 5 station), and CC. However, sometimes you have to do the right thing. Fixing a wrong does not mean you are giving in it means your are using your brain.

15. refugeepj

refugeepj

i trust the NRA and their strategy.
    do not want ANY concessions, but will wait and see.
    if we get something more important in return, MIGHT be worth the "look."

16. Hoff

Hoff Millennium Member

Read the bill. That wording is already there, "any device that increases the rate of fire". Legally interpret that to read your Apex trigger or hell, even a Jerry Miculek Jr.
    Be careful what you wish for.
    NRA is smart. Obama admin opened the door for the Bump Fire in 2010. Let ATF determine if they need further oversight and stay completely away from a vote to ban.
    My .02

Neldon, dp509, hozer23 and 3 others like this.
  17. Glock1911

Glock1911 Jackson Wagoner

Takes both defense and offense to win.

Neldon, jutland and redrick like this.
  18. nitesite10mm

nitesite10mm Proud Husband

Very well said Sir.

Filhar1 likes this.
  19. PocketProtector

PocketProtector

Maybe in a game.......unfortunately this is war.
    Gun owners played defense for 50 years, thus much infringement. Got them on the run? Run up the score !

Its not about getting along or crossing the aisle, its about defeating them once and for all. America depends on it.

jd4223, DunRanull, Earl Smith and 2 others like this.
  20. Just Glocks

Just Glocks

I don't understand seems most everyone here has already agreed the Government has the right to infringe on shall not infringe ????? Leaves people like me in the dirt . Even the NRA has taken this stance .

jd4223, DunRanull, NiteGoat and 2 others like this.