Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Wood butcher
2,430 Posts
14 cases of ammo through a single gun in a relatively short amount of time has one on the range a great deal. Mine only has about 500 so far, but the good news is that over several types of ammo, there hasn't been a single hiccup.

·
G43 Fanboy
2,336 Posts
Hi can you tell me which parts replaced on G43? Thanks.
At around 10K rounds, I replaced the original extractor and extractor plunger spring with new OEM parts because I experienced my first ever FTExt. I also replaced the original slide lock and slide lock spring with new ones as a precaution, though I was not experiencing any issue with the slide lock. Because I was using DPM recoil reduction system the whole time instead of the stock RSA, I also replaced the DPM system with a new DPM system, even though DPM claims that their recoil reduction system can last virtually indefinitely (and I wasn’t experiencing any issue).

At about 14K rounds, I replaced the original firing pin spring and firing pin sleeve with new ones because I experienced my first light strike with my G43. I was originally using Glock maritime firing pin cup, but I also replaced it with Glock’s regular firing pin cup at this time.

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
14 cases of ammo through a single gun in a relatively short amount of time has one on the range a great deal. Mine only has about 500 so far, but the good news is that over several types of ammo, there hasn't been a single hiccup.
One of my magazines would fail to feed correctly with 124gr Gold Dot. Probly just a one mag thing. 200 rounds of 124gr HST +P since then has been flawless. All I carry in it now.

·
Registered
426 Posts
I ja
At around 10K rounds, I replaced the original extractor and extractor plunger spring with new OEM parts because I experienced my first ever FTExt. I also replaced the original slide lock and slide lock spring with new ones as a precaution, though I was not experiencing any issue with the slide lock. Because I was using DPM recoil reduction system the whole time instead of the stock RSA, I also replaced the DPM system with a new DPM system, even though DPM claims that their recoil reduction system can last virtually indefinitely (and I wasn’t experiencing any issue).

At about 14K rounds, I replaced the original firing pin spring and firing pin sleeve with new ones because I experienced my first light strike with my G43. I was originally using Glock maritime firing pin cup, but I also replaced it with Glock’s regular firing pin cup at this time.
I have a G43, and it's not bad, but firing that many rounds through it sounds like Chinese water torture.

·
Registered
38 Posts

Tahnks. And what about locking block?

·
Registered
10,580 Posts
I want to shoot mine a lot, however, in Central Indiana its currently secured in a clamshell comb controlled lock box. Funny I never had an issue opening the combo locked secure clamshell case all summer, spring, or fall, but now its frozen and will not open, I WD-40'd the combo and got the numbers to spin into the right combination, but it will not unlock after twisting the opening nob.
Looks like I will have to wait until May, to try again.
That SUCKS>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

1 - 20 of 53 Posts