Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 110 Posts

·
Lean & Mean
15,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering what are those in your opinion. In my experience with a lot of the guns it goes like that...once someone will post something bad about a handgun/shotgun/rifle...many will avoid it and repeat the opinion that they've read on the net...without having any, first hand experience. So...many solid performers are left undiscovered. Other things are just falling out of favor, yet are able to provide an exceptional service for many years to come. Any favorites of yours?

I would say Ruger P series pistols.

Cheers!

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Beretta PX4 storm series in particular the compact model. Beretta APX series. Guess their marketing department needs a major overhaul.

·
NRA Life Member
971 Posts
Stoeger Cougar pistols. Yes, they were made in Turkey on Beretta equipment, but a solid gun and every bit as good as the Beretta IMHO.

Better in some ways.

The Ruger P on the list.
Right behind the CZ75.

Remington 788 rifle.

Ithaca 37 shotgun.

·
Registered
3,354 Posts
Well, I have a lot of guns that are considered underrated.

1) Savage rifles are very affordable and extremely accurate for me. They’re not collectibles but my 308 is as accurate as my Sako Tikka at 100 yards.

2) I have several Taurus revolvers. Never had a problem with any of them. Again, not collectibles, but they can shoot as well as my S&W can.

3) Lastly, Ruger Revolvers are also underrated compared to S&W or higher. They’re built like tanks, and they can handle the hottest ammunition I have fed them. Their triggers are mediocre but I have learned to shoot them very well.

I have since consolidated many of my collection to just a few brands in handguns: Glock, Ruger, FN, CZ, Ruger, S&W, Colt, Taurus, North American Arms, Magnum Research, Coonan, Bond Arms, Chiappa.

Well I guess that’s still more than a few. Darn it.

I’m trying, though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Instagram
Muzzleblast_MD

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Well, I have a lot of guns that are considered underrated.

1) Savage rifles are very affordable and extremely accurate for me. They’re not collectibles but my 308 is as accurate as my Sako Tikka at 100 yards.

2) I have several Taurus revolvers. Never had a problem with any of them. Again, not collectibles, but they can shoot as well as my S&W can.

3) Lastly, Ruger Revolvers are also underrated compared to S&W or higher. They’re built like tanks, and they can handle the hottest ammunition I have fed them. Their triggers are mediocre but I have learned to shoot them very well.

I have since consolidated many of my collection to just a few brands in handguns: Glock, Ruger, FN, CZ, Ruger, S&W, Colt, Taurus, North American Arms, Magnum Research, Coonan, Bond Arms, Chiappa.

Well I guess that’s still more than a few. Darn it.

I’m trying, though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Instagram
Muzzleblast_MD
Agree on Savage rifles. Also agree on Ruger revolvers, although I think with some polishing and a spring change they can have very good triggers.

Another poster mentioned the Beretta Nano. I would add the Beretta Pico. Love mine. Has a pretty good DA trigger, is as small as the LCP but shoots much softer. Not sure why they aren't more popular.

·
Registered
494 Posts
I will agree with the comments about the Savage rifle. I don’t have one in a larger calibers but I have the A 17 in .17 hmr. Such an accurate rifle. Savage has really improved on their quality in the past decade.

I think FN Herstal is very underrated and some think it’s a gimmicky company because of the FN 57 and the 5.7x28 but that’s a pretty incredible round. But I’m talking more along the lines of the 509 and 509c and the FNS 9/9c.

Walther PPQ. The trigger alone makes this a great gun. It’s trigger is about as good as it gets in a striker fired gun.

I would say CZ P10 but with all the recognition and praise they have been getting everyone is pretty aware of how good these guns are and they seem to be getting the respect they deserve.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,354 Posts
I will agree with the comments about the Savage rifle. I don’t have one in a larger calibers but I have the A 17 in .17 hmr. Such an accurate rifle. Savage has really improved on their quality in the past decade.

I think FN Herstal is very underrated and some think it’s a gimmicky company because of the FN 57 and the 5.7x28 but that’s a pretty incredible round. But I’m talking more along the lines of the 509 and 509c and the FNS 9/9c.

Walther PPQ. The trigger alone makes this a great gun. It’s trigger is about as good as it gets in a striker fired gun.

I would say CZ P10 but with all the recognition and praise they have been getting everyone is pretty aware of how good these guns are and they seem to be getting the respect they deserve.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The FN FNX 45 Tactical is also amazing..

I’m impressed by the CZ P10C 9 mm 15+1 too. Great trigger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
RIP Stan Lee.. . .
17,659 Posts
M1 Carbines. . . "Can't kill a bunny rabbit with one"
The flip side was the 1911 in 45
"The recoil is so bad it will knock you onto your azz"

Reactions: Nestor
1 - 20 of 110 Posts