close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

most gun owners support AWB

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by sum-dum-guy, Dec 28, 2012.

1. M&P15T

M&P15T Beard One

No one thought it would happen in 1994.
    GTers did not think that Obummer Care would pass.
    GTers thought that Obummer Care would be ruled against the law by the USSC.
    GTers did not think that Obummer would be re-elected.

And now GTers think that there will be no anti-gun legislation.

Me thinks that GT is a great, fun place to chat, talk about stuff. Not so good of a place to try and read the political tea leaves.

2. Fox

Fox Varmit Control

You got that right.

3. eagle359

eagle359 Glock Fanboi

This is how I remember it from the '94 AWB. I know a bunch of hunters who did not think that they had any skin in the game with the first AWB. "Tactical" is a lot more popular now, so there may be more support. Do not think for one second that some of our fellow gun owners will lift one finger to save your AR or AK.

4. sigman69

sigman69

Well i know alot of prairie dog hunters that do...as do people who varmint hunt... I have several friends back from the kitty litter box and got semi auto AR's so what is your point?

5. G36's Rule

G36's Rule Senior Member

I going to assume you understand that this isn't true.

Anyone buying AR's and mags at this point are first time buyers. They realize they waited almost too long, again...

I don't see much chance of this ban, of any sort, going through the House at this point anyway.

6. Bullwinkle J Moose

Bullwinkle J Moose Quick! Duck!

Yea, yea, just like gun control nuts, Obama and the rest of his Red Brigade and all the republicans support the Constitution. :rofl:

This entire country is being Delphied. This is a proven process which is used to convinced groups to choose an outcome that has already been determined, so the group believes they have a choice and ownership in the agenda. Part of the process is the attacking of those who oppose the predetermined outcome with the goal of making them appear foolish, inept, or aggressive (a la Alinski). You see this a lot in forums including GT these days and many of these attackers are shills, whose purpose is to guide the sheep by showing them that having such heretical ideas will result in their being made into fools and thereby silence opposition to the march to the slaughterhouse, as well as to make people with the unauthorized ideas waste their time arguing on forums and blogs, so they won't be out doing something that might actually help their cause. So bring on the tin foil hat and other ridicule, little boys. :tongueout:

7. Dreamliner787

Dreamliner787

Need to look into more of what their data sample pool is and what or whom it consists of as well as the question(s) that was asked. If you ask guy in San Francisco vs. a guy in Dallas you're going to get different results. With that said and if the results of the last election said anything, I have no confidence in the folks in those "blue" states.

8. ca survivor

ca survivor

remember how the cigarette ban started ? and how is now, in some states can't even smoke in your house, I voted against the ban and I'm not a smoker.

9. sum-dum-guy

sum-dum-guy

Note to self: must bold and underline "/sarcasm"

If nothing else, the llbs/Dems have proven that they are the masters of managing the optics of issues. Conservatives thought they knew what they knew and they were gonna do ok...and they have been wrong too many times now.

Although it is like torture, I really try to listen to what the libs have to say and how they say it because it gives you insight into how they manage their message. Whether it is true or not does not matter. EVERYONE I knew thought obama was going to lose big in the last election....and we were all wrong by a big margin.

EVERYONE I know thinks there is no way an AWB will pass....let's not be wrong about this one too.

10. pat701

pat701

Not this gunowner.

11. panzer1

panzer1 NRA MEMBER

OK & what about the mags for his handguns? Remember there is no "need" to have more then 10rounds in your ccw handgun.

12. frank4570

frank4570

Many of them would agree with you. "If you can't kill a guy with 10 shots you probably shouldn't be carrying a gun anyway."

Not all of them are like that, of course. But there are a crapload of hunters in this country. In my part of the country businesses practically fold up during deer season, companies run on skeleton crews.

13. RyanBDawg

RyanBDawg

That's because a significant percentage of GTers are big government statists. They just think we should direct the government against perceived "liberals" homosexuals etc...

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

14. RyanBDawg

RyanBDawg

I already contacted my representative and senators. But seeing as how I am currently registered to vote in Tennessee, they are all pro-second amendment conservatives and I have no worries about how they will vote.

If you live in an area with someone like Feinnstein running things, then good luck getting through that impenetrable forcefield of stupidity.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2012
  15. rauldduke1979

rauldduke1979

1st. As has been pointed out, polls seem to differ on this question

2nd. Although there may be Fudds who legitimately hate people who own modern sporting rifles or pistols, I have a feeling you have a lot of uninformed gun owners who think there is really such a thing as an "assualt weapon". I bet when you explain that their 10/22 is an "assualt weapon", according to DiFi, they'd be singing a different tune.

To that end, one thing that we must do is make clear to the uniformed that "assault weapons" are a figment of the imagination of DiFi and the New York Times editorial board. In practice, all modern self loading firearms are being targeted, including 10/22s and virtually all pistols.

And remind the hard core Fudds that one of the Columbine shooters used a sawed off double barrel and the Batman shooter used a pump shotgun, so there's no reason to think your "hunting weapons" are safe.

16. 9jeeps

9jeeps

Same with Senator Socker Mom!

17. greentriple

greentriple

It's also a very narrow viewpoint on GT. surrounding itself with like minded people only narrows your thinking, but makes you feel real smart because everyone agrees with you and thinks different views can only be held by stupid people. Said simply, GTs are right and intelligent and really understand and know what's the truth, others are wrong, stupid, and don't understand what's really happening because they believe the lies. Except, GTs get all the big important and society affecting issues wrong. The election is the perfect example, GTs thought Obama would lose by a wide margin, they ignored the science and math and held onto the superstition and emotions being promulgated by conservative bobble heads. Heck, if the leaders like Rove are emotionally blinded to reality, how can anyone expect the GT masses to do any better.

18. FLIPPER 348

FLIPPER 348 Bigfoot enthusiast enthusiast

The fox news addiction is strong here.

19. sum-dum-guy

sum-dum-guy

Yep. Exactly.

That is why it is good and healthy to engage the other side as much as possible. To ignore their statements, ridicule and mock them, is foolish at best. More importantly, it can cause you to be blindsided when things go the other way....again, like the elections.

20. RayB

RayB Retired Member

Why would I think that the same local and national Mainstream Media that told me right up until the end, that the average Wisconsin Citizen was so outraged and worried that our coddled public employees might have to pay something towards their Cadillac Healthcare and Gravy Train Retirements, that we'd readily accept another tax increase to keep these angels of mercy in the money, might be BSing me on this matter too? :upeyes:

We like to say here that "The math doesn't lie", but it does fairly often, because it's tweaked to support an agenda. :whistling:

--Ray