Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
NRA4EVR
11,732 Posts
All I ever had was airplane and football photos (Steelers, I grew up in PA), and a Led Zeppelin poster.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Giant Member
5,560 Posts
I had TV crush on Vanna White.

My skin is crawling from memory embarrassment. Ugh :oops:

View attachment 746686
In your defense, my teenage boys have both called Vanna "kind of hot for an old lady".

And I had this poster on the ceiling above my bed as a teenager.

·
Diva extraordinaire
16,728 Posts
I took a lot of heat from the Braves fans about the Derek Jeter poster I had in my dorm room at UGA.

@Boo Berry , you changed your avatar. I liked the old one better.

·
Registered
8,043 Posts
Well when you the son of a very religious mother all you get is that old standard painting of Christ. Later in college I couldn't afford buying posters, but my room mates had some good ones.

·
Registered
24,005 Posts
I’m not embarrassed about any of the ones I had. Problem was my mom hated them. We owned a video store. The distributor who sold us a lot of our tapes was also a wholesaler of records. I was able to get the jumbo in-store promo posters for new albums.

On several occasions my mom tore them down and threw them out. She said it was the wind.

She lost her mind over Heartbeat City. It was 6 feet tall. It didn’t last a week before she said “I forgot to close my window”.

C7BBF4A2-A6F1-43ED-8F7F-F9A594108862.jpeg

·
Friends Call Me "Flash"
4,695 Posts
My bedroom had a wire with aircraft models hanging from it and every flat surface had car models that I built.

My parents wouldn't allow pinup type posters, but I had a bumper sticker in my room that absolutely flipped my Dad out.....
"War is Good Business- Invest Your Son." That popped the old man's cork and he went ballistic. We didn't get along very well and that bumper sticker didn't help.

Flash

·
NRA Patron Life Member
13,551 Posts
I was a kid in the late '50s, '60s and early/mid '70s.

Posters?? Room was basically wall-papered with Playboy and Penthouse centerfolds starting in '68/'69.

Had magazine pics of favorite race cars and drivers, too, that I framed and hung on the walls.
Jungle Jim Liberman and his Gen II Nova.
Jungle Pam and her....... um...... short shorts and boots.
Don Prudhomme
Bid Daddy Don Garlits
E. Glenn "Fireball" Roberts and his '62 Pontiac

And the most famous poster of Farrah Fawcett in her one-piece bathing suit.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts