Most Concealable "Tight to Body" OWB Holster - Advice Please

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by acroreef, May 1, 2020.

1. jim goose

jim goose "The Goose"

I like the sport holster, I like Bravo, but the Raven Perun is the best I’ve found. Couldn’t ask for more. And still affordable.

ScotchWhisky likes this.
  2. GlockyQ

GlockyQ Custom Title

Mitch Rosen 5JR-Exp and Glock Sport/Combat Holster get my vote for close to body OWB holster for G26. (I still use my Glock S/C holster for my G26 for OWB carry. It just works like their pistols.)

tuica likes this.

3. TJS

TJS

yes, cant beat this thing!
    eah

tuica and GRT22 like this.
  4. 4Rules

4Rules

(Re: Glock's 'sport' holster)

It flexes too much. It's retention is inadequate. It doesn't enclose the muzzle, and it doesn't have a sight channel, so aftermarket front sights (and who doesn't use an aftermarket front sight) snag the holster during the draw.

Buyer beware!

5. william the great

william the great

JM Kydex owb 2
    Have a number of his holsters and there great. Have the one I listed above keeps tight to your body.

GRT22 likes this.
  6. pAZ Ron

pAZ Ron

Don't agree with this nor all the hype for the Glock Combat Holster. It is cheap and thin. But it is far from the tightest comfortable fit to the hip. The midline of the gun is at the midline of the holster ... so you are pulling half the gun thickness hard against you to try to get it tight on hip. That maybe ok for guys with more "padding", but for me that is very uncomfortable.

FOR THE WIN! The Galco Concealable Belt Holster (it is leather) is my choice to carry my G26 OWB. All of the molding of the gun shape and full thickness is on the outside piece of leather and it has a built in curve to fit around the hip. Net, it pulls in close very comfortably.

If you desire Kydex instead of leather, then one of the Raven Concealment OWB holsters (or the equivalent in other brands) is thin and fits tight to the hip. Mine was called Phantom but I believe the model names have since changed.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2020
    Willbur and SevenSixtyTwo like this.
  7. collim1

collim1

I only use leather pancake style hoksters. Wide belt slots pull the gun in tight and keep it stable. A high ride helps with concealability. I always prefer a thumbsnap for retention.

The Don Hume H721 is my preferred OWB. I have one for every single handgun I have that has a fit code for that model holster.

equin, rayzer007 and Willbur like this.
  8. pairof44sp

pairof44sp

I recently got holsters from M&L Holsters. They are traditional pancake holsters, but they press the whole length of the gun (revolver) into my flesh.

I’m hyping M&L because I’m so impressed by their stuff. It’s basically just one guy and his wife, but they custom make your stuff for less money and with higher quality than anything I’ve seen online. My previous holster was a Galco Combat Master — the M&Ls were a little cheaper and much, much higher quality.

The catch is that they have only a few molds to work with. They didn’t have my revolver mold, so they used an identical frame and a dowel to make a jerry-rigged mold. It’s so well done that my revolver “snaps” in place even though it’s just a leather pancake holster.

9. ken grant

ken grant

I have boxes of holsters both cheap and expensive , leather , Kydex and plastic .
    I still prefer the Glock S/C for all my OWB carry and I carry everyday from get up to go to bed .

10. Bradley T

Bradley T

GLOCK Sport Combat Holster-
    still need one in Coyote!

11. william the great

william the great

Wow I hate that holster just threw one in the garbage for my glock 30.

12. Lord

Lord Senior Member

my Alien Gear Shape Shifter turned out to be the best (so far) that I've worn.
    [​IMG]

13. unit1069

unit1069

I don't employ aftermarket sights and the one Glock I have is the most accurate pistol I own.

14. unit1069

unit1069

I've got the Cloak Tuck 2.0 and it's excellent. A great compliment to the Glock Sport/Combat holster.

When I need "tight to the body" in CCW the Alien Gear is my choice; when OWB carry it's the Glock S/P holster that's easily covered by a shirt if required.

15. rayzer007

rayzer007

I bought a 'blemished' Don Hume 721 for my Kahr CW9 for $39 that keeps the gun high and tight. Conformed very nicely after breaking in.

equin likes this.
  16. oldmick

oldmick

Here’s an old picture of the Comp-Tac Paddle holster for my Sig 229. It holds tight to my side, still easy to draw and quick on and off. I have the same model for my G26 and Sig 239.

E604727E-CC30-4AB0-BCF9-4DF21197E400.jpeg

Sharkey likes this.
  17. DannyB

DannyB

Screw holsters. :) Age has it's benefits--60's. If I have it my way I'll never tuck in a shirt again. I just got a ClipDraw for the 43, that will likely move to a 43X. From here on it is front pocket carry with a shirt tail hanging over it, likely a Columbia or Magellan type shirt.

18. Lord

Lord Senior Member

I need one of those vests... Where'd you get it?

19. oldmick

oldmick

Oh man, that was many moons ago. I have those in several colors for cooler weather, but can't recall where I got any of them. If I had to guess, I'd say Kohls. They do work really well as a cover garment.

20. glockguns

glockguns