GlockTalk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Addicted Member
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a pair of black casual/athletic shoes. I'll be on my feet a lot when I'm wearing them. I usually wear dress shoes and only wear athletic shoes for running/working out. I've heard Ecco's are pretty good. Anyone have any input?

·
Registered
14,610 Posts
An athletic shoe is different than a shoe needed if you are stand around a lot. I wear New Balance usually to work out but they would have been terrible for my bailiff duties I use to do.

That said, Ecco's are suppose to be great shoes but I've never tried them. I like Keen and Merrells.

·
Da Da
7,169 Posts
WalMart sells a Dr Scholes (sp?) black sneaker in leather and cloth and leather. I have both and love them. Wish they came in brown. $39 or so.

Lots of service industry folks here in Vegas wear them.

·
Premium Member
65,073 Posts
I love my Ecco shoes. I wear them just about every day. I don't know that I have ever owned a more comfortable pair of shoes. I bought my current pair before the SHOT Show, a few years ago. I got them two days before the show and didn't wear them once till I got there. Even with zero break-in, my feet have never been more comfortable or held up better at that show. It is a hell of a lot of walking and my Ecco's performed beautifully. These are the best shoes I have ever owned.

http://us.shop.ecco.com/men/men,default,sc.html

·
Banned
17,266 Posts
Agree on Eccos and will add Clark's a good pair of shoes are money well spent.

·
Registered
15,409 Posts
Been wearing SAS for casual shoes for many years. Casual, not athletic shoes though, great for walking and standing, not running or jogging. Only downside is that for some reason most people find them warm due to the leather construction. Upside is they have a very slip resistant outsole that is good when you walk into a store or somplace with a slick floor.

Not cheap, but made in the US and made with very high quality materials.

·
Banned
4,877 Posts
I second the SAS recommendation. I know this doesn't fit your initial description, but how about a pair of black Crocs? They are the brunt of a lot of jokes, but they are the lightest, most comfortable shoe I have ever worn.

·
Registered
3,830 Posts
I love my Ecco shoes. I wear them just about every day. I don't know that I have ever owned a more comfortable pair of shoes. I bought my current pair before the SHOT Show, a few years ago. I got them two days before the show and didn't wear them once till I got there. Even with zero break-in, my feet have never been more comfortable or held up better at that show. It is a hell of a lot of walking and my Ecco's performed beautifully. These are the best shoes I have ever owned.

http://us.shop.ecco.com/men/men,default,sc.html

I agree! Worth every penny. And will last for years.
After I bought my first pair I have never bought another brand.

·
With Liberty and Justice for all.
20,894 Posts
My Podiatrist turned me on to Ecco. I have three pair of Eccos (four if you count golf shoes) and they are very comfy. Two pair of them are dress shoes and I can wear those all day and feel like I have been wearing Hush Puppies. Very good shoes. I have an Ecco store nearby and shop there regularly.

·
Get off my lawn
42,701 Posts
Never had an Ecco. . . I guess you could call me a ducc. LOL

I've had Clark's. I had a pair of black satin finish shoes that were the bomb. . . until the sole prematurely separated from the shoe. :( They felt great. I don't think I ever got enough wear out of them before that happened. Probably 2-3x a week, 50 weeks a year for 6-8 years. While that sounds like a LOT for a pair of shoes, the sole NEVER wore at all and the uppers looked great. They just separated. (Truth be told, they started in year 3 and got progressively worse over the next 3-5 years or so - I forget exactly what year I got them.)

·
Tread Lightly
13,286 Posts
WalMart sells a Dr Scholes (sp?) black sneaker in leather and cloth and leather. I have both and love them. Wish they came in brown. $39 or so.

Lots of service industry folks here in Vegas wear them.

I second this.

WM.
Dr. Scholls
$29.
Looks just like any other New Balance or Nike crosstrainer.
Insanely comfortable.
Gel pillow insert.
Half the price of name brands.
Seem to wear well endurance wise.

Dont squander money on name.
Once they get worn you cant tell them from any other.

·
NRA4EVR
11,506 Posts
Depending on how casual you can get away with, Vans slip-ons are the most comfortable shoes I've ever worn. Pretty durable, too.

·
Registered
2,915 Posts
When it comes to comfort in shoes, Ecco is hard to beat for casual or sport. I have casual and golf shoes and they are great. I had Clarks also and they were good shoes.

NN

·
Registered
410 Posts
I hope you guys are right about Ecco shoes. I was needing a new pair of shoes for casual dress, as my old pair was causing foot problems. Went to Dillards today and bought a pair. I have never spent over $80 for shoes in my life. Little tough spending $160.

Been wearing them around the house all day today to break them in. So far, no heel pain like I had with my old shoes.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts