Most Bang for Your Buck 9mm Lower???

Discussion in 'Black Rifle Forum' started by smoke, Jul 30, 2018.

1. smoke

smoke

What's the best for the money 9mm Lower and why? Also, what mags does it use?

2. montesf1030

montesf1030

I have a couple of builds with New Frontier Armory lower and uppers... I love my AR 9 ... Glock mags of course !!!![​IMG]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3. ObiJuan

ObiJuan

Last edited: Sep 15, 2018
    DirectDrive and pgg00 like this.
  4. smoke

smoke

Friend of mine has a PSA that's nothing but problems. I don't think I'd trust them.

bigbrother1984 likes this.
  5. hardluk1

hardluk1

New Fontier looks to be a good price for a 9mm lower . I just hate to be locked in to a 9mm . My wifes is built with a aero precision blemished ar15 lower and at first a reliable promag colt adaptor but now with a kak adaptor for colt mags . Price is very close to the same so flip a coin .

6. smoke

smoke

So, where do you find reasonably priced Colt mags? I've never really liked the Glock mag AR9 concept anyway.

7. hardluk1

hardluk1

So you want what ?? A AR9 glock ! Since you mention were I got affordable colt mags ?? Interesting as I have a kimber and colt 1911 but don't use ether brand of mags . mainly Wilson mags , get the point . Other brands work well too . I'm not a glock guy so I don't have a bunch of glock mags floating around only one g19 and 4 mags and I really don't shoot it and sure don't carry it so its not like it matters !! If you check for what's available and see what others use on a AR / m4 forum for check reviews you can buy good 9mm colt "style" mags that are completely reliable for some years now .

The mags I bought are mainly are ASC , under 20 dollars and Metalform 32 round mags under 30 bucks . I do have one 10 round mag a few 20 round mags but mostly 32 round mags . And what do you pay for the average 33 round glock mags . 30 bucks ?? Or do your buy a glock " style" mag

Nice that we all have opinions so build yours how you wish . There are inserts for glock mags if that what you want or a dedicated pistol lower . So whats the best ?? Beats me . I built what I wanted and it preforms very well .

8. hardluk1

hardluk1

double post .​

9. ObiJuan

ObiJuan

happie2shoot likes this.
  10. smoke

smoke

He's already sent it back twice and continues to have issues. After a while, a warranty, while better than none, is not worth all the trouble.

ObiJuan likes this.
  11. ObiJuan

ObiJuan

happie2shoot likes this.
  12. smoke

smoke

I think they do regular ARs very well, but not sure on the 9mm.

13. Jesuvuah

Jesuvuah

PSA lowers and bolts are good to go in my opinion.the buffer they supply for 9mm is a joke. Honestly, I prefer to build an ar9 because there are so many parts I would need to upgrade on just about any stock build.

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

14. J_Rico

J_Rico

Sorry to hear that.

I have two AR9s from PSA and both run fine. Put a couple thousand rounds of aluminium cased ammo through one before someone told me that was dangerous.

From my experience, PSA works great, but that is just two lowers out of thousands sold.

15. larry_minn

larry_minn Silver Member Millennium Member

Considering a 9mm AR using Glock mags. Why are alum cased ammo not allowed? I tend to shoot Blazer where I can't pick up brass to reload. (Or use reloads I feel brass is older)
    It does not stay open last rd either?
    IMO a 9mmAR begs to be sbr but I an too cheap for 6" shorter. Price Looks ok. Reason to stock up on 32 rd mags when on sale. Have you tried any of Asien ones in it?

16. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr CLM

17. montesf1030

montesf1030

New Frontier Armory out of Las Vegas have some excellent products ... I have a few build with the lowers and uppers

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

18. utah

utah

I have a Spikes lower I built with a 10.5” Colt 9mm upper, use a Hahn top load mag block for Colt style mags and it runs like a top, I’ve never had an issue. One thing I’ve never really understood, is why would a person want to build a dedicated 9mm AR, to me it seems to defeat the whole reason to have an AR…versatility…but in the end I have no dog in this race. Lastly, as hardluk1 mentioned, Colt style mags are priced no higher than any other mag you would have to purchase.

19. JimBianchi

JimBianchi Da Da CLM

I love my PSA lower.

I have at least a 1000 rds down range without issue.