Most Accurate 9mm for Amateur Competition class?

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by TooManyGlocks, Mar 13, 2005.

1. TooManyGlocks

TooManyGlocks Semper Fi

Just wondering what has been the best shooting stock 9mm - 17L, 17C or 34 with factory ammo?

Shooting impressions? Likes - Dislikes?

Thanks,

2. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

I am not trying to be a wise guy but the most honest answer I can give is: The one YOU feel the most comfortable and shoot the best.

3. TooManyGlocks

TooManyGlocks Semper Fi

Don At PC,

Thanks for the honest input. I don't own any of the pistols mentioned . . well at least yet. Since I don't handload at this time I've abandoned shooting my 24C in this division since my scores are far better with my G26. I did call my local indoor range today and they do have a 17 & 34 that can be rented so I'll give them a try and compare to my G26. For whatever reason my G19 is a dud compared to my 26? I was told by a Glock Facory Armor that the barrel stays in battery until the bullet leaves the barrel with the 26 compared to the longer slide 9's so this might be part of the reson.

Even a District Manager for Glock told me he shoots his wife's 19 better than his own 34? I'm beginning to wondering if there are wide variations in the accuracy of factory stock guns of the same model. I do wonder if the Glock Factory Team shooters are given a selection of pistols of the same model and given some time and ammo to decide which ones inherently shoots better than the others.

4. Fireglock

Fireglock Which is worse?

You think they shoot box stock Glocks? Different folks shoot better with different guns. Some folks shoot great with whatever Glock they're holding. I like my 17, but then again I love my 17Ls and 24C. My 24C with factory WWB shoots great and it's fun. In the end it's "pick the model you like the most and practice with it."

5. TooManyGlocks

TooManyGlocks Semper Fi

FireGlock,

At this point I'm thinking that focusing on the G26 for all 3 of the Amateur Divisions is the way to go. I'll spend the energy and ammo money on the G26 and go hog wild. I'll save my Major Sub runs with the G30 for very last when I'm done with the others.

A-1 slots have been won in the past with the 26 and factory ammo. I enjoy a good challenge. Next step is factory ammo testing.

Roseburg draws some really solid fast shooters in the Amateur Division looking forward to this season.

6. Terminator

Terminator

The 26 is just fine if your comfortable with it. I love mine, but i just love my 17 a little more for competition.

7. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

That may be a very good plan for you. There is another shooter here that shoots his G26 in about 4 classes and does very well. As long as model is legal for the class you are shooting it really is a personal thing. I can tell you for a fact that you should not under-estimate those sub-compacts because the 26/27 both have excellant accuracy---- with a shooter who is comfortable with them. Good luck and safe practice.

8. FotoTomas

FotoTomas Pure Polymer

I shoot my 26 exclusively these days and have won two pistols with it. Almost won my third in Orlando but had a bad day all around and still came in 2nd place. G26 RULES! :)

9. Fireglock

Fireglock Which is worse?

In Master Stock? ;f

10. TooManyGlocks

TooManyGlocks Semper Fi

FotoTomas,

Do you handload? If not what is your secret ammo that works best for you?

Federal's 115 JHP "9BP" load is really accurate but in the 20 round box is really spendy for doing a shoot ;Q

11. DaleGribble

DaleGribble Sandwich!

If I'm not mistaken Tomas has said he uses the WWB Vale packs from Wal-Mart.

12. FotoTomas

FotoTomas Pure Polymer

Give me time! :)

13. FotoTomas

FotoTomas Pure Polymer

Dale nailed it. I shoot the Winchester White Box 100 round value packs from Wal*Mart 90% of the time. I estimate one box of 100 per entry with a spare box on hand for reshoots or side matches. I have yet with my skill, to exceed the capability of the pistol or ammo.

14. TooManyGlocks

TooManyGlocks Semper Fi

FotoTomas,

Are you using a 3.5# connector or upgraded sights? If so what sights did you go with?

Thanks,