Glock Talk banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Banned
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This "weapon" is a POS! Shotgun was shipped to me defective and inoperative. When I went to do a functions check with the first step the weapon failed with the bolt locking up in the rearward position "tangled" up with shell lifter/feed ramp. Pretty much seems to be an ubiquitous issue in that a simple google search turns up abundant evidence of other such user experiences. Pretty much all in all the front stock piece was literally about to fall off it was so loose,finish was off in places to the point of actually looking like it had been drug across a gravel parking lot, rail and rear peep were loose, and OF COURSE the fact that the bolt would bind on the shell lifter thus essentially causing this weapon to be inoperative and just a 600 dollar paper weight and this without even having had the chance to fire one round. This forum thread has pictures of the bolt binding issue and plenty of other reports of this very common issue:

http://www.tngunowners.com/forums/gunsmithing-troubleshootin-g/62952-mossberg-930sx.html

(Well yea this page is not showing up here is an image link of the bolt binding issue: http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii279/troutburger/9fb09fdc.jpg also if you google the phrase Mossberg 930SX bolt bind that page with all the pictures and descriptions will show up on first result return along with a slew of other links for this issue and the "quality" of this Mossberg shotgun)

This is my first Mossberg weapon and will be my last. The experience of having to deal with their customer service at the very best and most kindest I can describe it are "amateurish" ... I called and arranged for a shipping label to be sent and waited a week and a half and still no label, turns out they never even shipped it but tried to play it off by saying that Fed ex "lost" the label but at any rate I spent roughly 600 dollars on this P.O.S. and it has been going on two months since I have had it still haven't got to fire it or use it in the intended local 3 Gun Matches out at the Best of the West Range in Liberty Hill Texas because I have been dealing with Mossberg customer "service" and trying to resolve this issue...

·
Banned
45,580 Posts
My Mossberg Cruiser was hands down the most reliable firearm I heve ever owned, by round count. Zero fails.

·
Premium Member
7,584 Posts
Sorry to hear about your troubles. I was not very impressed with the quality of the Mossberg 590 I recently bought, however it works. I simply cannot accept buying a firearm that seems like the person who put it together just did not give a flying **** about anything.

I have come to the conclusion that quality firearms are a thing of the past.

·
Registered
491 Posts
It seems like a lot of manufacturers are cutting corners lately. Its a shame because we all notice and it will definitely result in a loss in sales.

With that being said, a few years back i asked a friend of mine about his mossberg because i was contemplating getting one for myself. He told me a story about when he went out hunting some water fowl. Well he was a days paddle out on his canoe and his paddle broke. Said he paddled 10hrs straight with his mossberg. Took it home hosed it off. He has never had a problem. Zero malfunctions what so ever.

·
Registered
6,825 Posts
I am always sad to hear any gun owner not happy with their investment. I am even more sad to hear about issues with the 930SPX. I bought one of the first batches and mine has been flawless and tons of fun! Many folks have said they bought 930's directly because of my review videos on it and so far I have not gotten any hate mail.

Hopefully you get it worked out with Mossberg and hopefully not ALL Mossbergs are of the same quality that you experienced.

My old school plane jane Mossberg 500 is still my all time favorite shotgun.

·
Registered
866 Posts
both my 590 and 930 SPX has been trouble free! Just shot both of them last weekend and had a blast!
Compared to the Remington 870 Express' that I've seenm the 590 is way better quality IMHO...The 930 SPX has eaten everything I've fed it so far...

·
Banned
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I simply cannot accept buying a firearm that seems like the person who put it together just did not give a flying **** about anything.

I have come to the conclusion that quality firearms are a thing of the past.

I researched as best as I could the online "rep" of this weapon and essentially found good things reported about Mossberg and the quality of this weapon in particular; however MY experience has proved otherwise and as a result when I began looking into this 930SX bolt bind issue I discovered that this WAS NOT an isolated incident and furthermore the state that this brand "new" weapon showed up in was not an isolated incident. Fool me once shame on you, Fool me twice shame on me!

Mossberg will not have the chance to fool me again I will just take my money elsewhere...

However when you do fool me I am going to do everything in my power to make you feel some equal and opposite forceful reaction

"To every action there is always an equal and opposite reaction"
Newton's third law

·
Registered
343 Posts
My 930spx has been nearly flawless exception being the day I fired 200 slugs and she over heated besides that 100the reliable

·
Banned
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Congrats on actually being ABLE to fire yours,
mine showed up inoperative...

·
Banned
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Lost
99 Posts
Got my 930 spx in Jan. Took it apart and cleaned it the day I got it. It now has over 3k rounds thru it with no problem. My 835 is over 7 years old. Been thru rain and mud but had never failed. The 930 was known to have some problem but most were easily fixed with a good cleaning.

·
Banned
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Got my 930 spx in Jan. Took it apart and cleaned it the day I got it. It now has over 3k rounds thru it with no problem. My 835 is over 7 years old. Been thru rain and mud but had never failed. The 930 was known to have some problem but most were easily fixed with a good cleaning.

Yea and I reckon that is what Mossberg Warranty Technicians are going to do to address and correct this bolt binding issue simply give it a "good cleaning"

·
Registered
7,246 Posts
Well, I'm sorry to hear you are forever passing on Mossberg. Oh well. I guess the company will fold.

#1 Are you sure it really ws new weapon from the seller?
#2 How do we know YOU didn't goof it up?
#3 They SHOULD just hand you a new gun - and I bet they will.

There are far too many people for to give credibility to you on this issue. I'm not saying what you said isn't true. Every company can and has put a turd out there. But nothing you say can besmirch the overall excellent reputation of Mossberg. Same with Remington. In fact, for the volume they produce - they are amazing.

So your complaint is noted. But you don't need to be a big ****** about it. Do you perchance work for Benelli?

·
Banned
42,101 Posts
Well, I'm sorry to hear you are forever passing on Mossberg. Oh well. I guess the company will fold.

#1 Are you sure it really ws new weapon from the seller?
#2 How do we know YOU didn't goof it up?
#3 They SHOULD just hand you a new gun - and I bet they will.

There are far too many people for to give credibility to you on this issue. I'm not saying what you said isn't true. Every company can and has put a turd out there. But nothing you say can besmirch the overall excellent reputation of Mossberg. Same with Remington. In fact, for the volume they produce - they are amazing.

So your complaint is noted. But you don't need to be a big ****** about it. Do you perchance work for Benelli?
I'd be pissed too if I bought a brand new gun and it didn't work.

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Sorry about your Mossberg 930 SPX. I have had a 590 for probably 8 years no problems. I purchased a 930 SPX over two years ago and it has functioned at 100%. It is an easy weapon to shoot and handle. This is a very easy weapon to clean and maintain. Again, sorry for your problems.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.