Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
King Doofus.
5,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anyone order a Mossberg lately? Since the apocalypse, every shotgun is sold out and backordered. My LGS ordered one (590a1, 18.5", Ghost rings) for me from his distributer but he has no idea how long the wait. I ordered it for my son's 16th birthday and I'm hoping we will get it in time, I ordered it 6 weeks before his b-day and the distributer says I'm the only one on his wait list but I'm not very optimistic. I can always give him mine but I've already modded it a little, and it's no safe queen and it looks it. He wants brand new clean slate so he can mod it himself.
Anyone order one recently and recieved it?

·
Registered
8,071 Posts
Have not heard of any shortage on shotguns. The local stores seem light on AR’s but shotguns in general are in good supply.
I wonder if it’s just that they aren’t making a lot of that model? I hope your order arrives in time.

·
King Doofus.
5,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Have not heard of any shortage on shotguns. The local stores seem light on AR’s but shotguns in general are in good supply.
I wonder if it’s just that they aren’t making a lot of that model? I hope your order arrives in time.
All of the stores local to me are sold out of any shotgun that even looks tactical. Most are finally re-stocking everything else but shotguns. :(

Saw several in a gun store on Friday.
Good to hear, maybe it's just a regional thing.

Is it possible you LGS deals with only one or limited number of distributors? If so you may want to search online and if find what you want have mailed to FFL that will accept and process for a fee. Good luck.
I checked all of my usual online sources and they're all sold out. I asked the guy who handles some of my transfers and he said all of his contacts are backordered. I even checked Gunbroker and the few that are on there are asking a premium. Thankfully, the guy that ordered mine is still giving me a good discount, he's never done me wrong so he's my go-to guy. He checked a few other distributers that all said the same so he ordered it from the most reliable one.

·
NRA Life Member
13,381 Posts
I can't find a Nordic components +2 extension tube for my Beretta 1301 to save my life...they have the Beretta mag tube nuts but there isn't a mag tube to be found!

·
King Doofus.
5,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I’ve been trying to get a Retrograde 18.5 590a1 for months with no luck , I’ve found them but I’m not paying $800 for one on gunjoker.
I saw that. I saw one originally posted for much more a few days ago. Does everyone think this is going to last forever?
I think when all of this dies down, I'm going to grab me a LNIB shockwave real cheap when all of the panickers unload them. Maybe two.... I'd like to turn one into an SBS.

·
Registered
3,832 Posts
I just checked Davidson's (Gallery of Guns). They are out of stock on all Mossberg 590A1s. Does not mean no one has them but Davidson's is one of the largest if not the largest wholesalers in the country.

·
King Doofus.
5,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I’m waiting for a Jerry Mcculick 940 and they are on back order
Nice piece!
I just checked Davidson's (Gallery of Guns). They are out of stock on all Mossberg 590A1s. Does not mean no one has them but Davidson's is one of the largest if not the largest wholesalers in the country.
Aye, looks like I won't be getting it before my son's birthday. :(
He wants a Hogue stock/forearm for it, at least I was able to snag one of those.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
You would think manufacturers would be smart enough to plan ahead , these scares happen all the time and especially an election year. I don’t understand why they don’t up production and make more guns. I’m sure they stay busy but imagine the money they could make if they ran 24/7 along with ammo companies.

·
King Doofus.
5,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You would think manufacturers would be smart enough to plan ahead , these scares happen all the time and especially an election year. I don’t understand why they don’t up production and make more guns. I’m sure they stay busy but imagine the money they could make if they ran 24/7 along with ammo companies.
They can sell all they make right now, may not apply by the time they fill backorders tho. My LGS usually has plenty, Mossberg could easily be stuck with a surplus when buying slows. Kinda sux if I miss his birthday but, it is what it is. After supply catches up with demand and the prices come back down, I think I'm going to grab s Shockwave and SBS it just for giggles. My older son wanted to buy one "just for fun" back in october and I talked him out of it. Should have grabbed two..... mine would by stamped be now.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Hard to believe now but only two months ago we were in year three of a firearm sales depression. Gun shops and manufacturers were going out of business left and right. You think in that business environment they should have been increasing production for a buying panic caused by a pandemic no one knew of at the time?

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Hard to believe now but only two months ago we were in year three of a firearm sales depression. Gun shops and manufacturers were going out of business left and right. You think in that business environment they should have been increasing production for a buying panic caused by a pandemic no one knew of at the time?
It has happened every election year since 2001 , this year is no different.

·
Registered
391 Posts
I’ve been by four different gun shops in SWFL and all combat shotguns by name brands were completely sold out. All one shop had were some no name knockoffs. I wasn’t looking but the empty stock spaces were painfully obvious.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
So you think the gun buying panic is actually being driven by the upcoming election and not the pandemic or that the pandemic is a hoax orchestrated so that Dems win the elections?
I do think that it’s partly due to corona virus but look at the 2 times obama won , gun sales went through the roof both years.

·
King Doofus.
5,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
So you think the gun buying panic is actually being driven by the upcoming election and not the pandemic or that the pandemic is a hoax orchestrated so that Dems win the elections?
The election may have a little to do with buying before the shutdown, but it wasn't even close to what I saw during the Obama years. One of the LGS near me was sold out of everything, the mad rush came the day they closed the state. I knew people who bought multiple guns that had never purchased a gun before. I think a lot of people are really concerned that the S is about to HTF.... even folks who thought it would never happen.
I've been watching Gunbroker for a hint that production might be catching up, but all I've seen is very few, and those are bringing a premium (and then some). My biggest concern now is, the store I gave my deposit to will sell what he gets for a premium and I won't get mine until the buying dies down.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts