Glock Talk banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Native Mainiac
34,551 Posts
Hmmm...pump gun with a big old heavy hangy-down mag dangling off the bottom. Guess if yer expecting zombies, it could be just the ticket. On the other hand, may give me more ammo to knock down those pesky partridge who mock me every fall.

Either way, it's not on my wish-list right now.

·
Director of civil unrest
14,332 Posts
Funny, my Mossy holds 8 in the tube and one in the pipe. I can't justify buying a new shotgun for two more rounds, no matter where those two rounds come from. Lol!

·
Banned
4,850 Posts
Why does it have both a long tube AND a magazine?

·
Registered
264 Posts
Interesting.

Looks like it'll take shell mags only. May be compelling if it can switch between magazine-fed and the traditional tube-fed.

After my initial foray into 20 gauge shottys (500C and the 590 Shockwave), I'm in the market for a 12 gauge to bring into the калифорния републик to shoot at the local range while visiting.

·
Deranged Deputy
14,605 Posts
regular capacity, my 500 Vang Comp with the 6 round mag tube
More capacity, my 590 with a 9 shot tube.
High capacity my KSG with two 7 shot tubes

I really don't think I need more than what I have so far.

·
Huge Member
12,243 Posts
Reactions: Atomic Punk

·
Huge Member
12,243 Posts
Interesting.

Looks like it'll take shell mags only. May be compelling if it can switch between magazine-fed and the traditional tube-fed.

After my initial foray into 20 gauge shottys (500C and the 590 Shockwave), I'm in the market for a 12 gauge to bring into the калифорния републик to shoot at the local range while visiting.
By adding a detachable magazine (DM) you have to remove the shell lifter and disconnector from the tube mag. Therefore you can't feed from both the DM and tube. Conceivably you could store extra shells in the empty tube held in place by a removable pin or something but you wouldn't be able to feed them without the shell lifter and shell stop.

·
Farmer, House Sitter and Cook
7,961 Posts
Borrowed the design from an aftermarket company, didn't they? Hope there was a licensing agreement.

I have two 590 8+1 shotguns and have no desire to try this new offering but I am glad they are trying to be innovative within their catalog line.

·
Huge Member
12,243 Posts
Borrowed the design from an aftermarket company, didn't they? Hope there was a licensing agreement.

I have two 590 8+1 shotguns and have no desire to try this new offering but I am glad they are trying to be innovative within their catalog line.
There was a company (Knox?) that offered a detachable mag (DM) conversion that fed from the mag tube. The box mag fed into the tube and then feeding was as usual.

Black Aces Tactical has been making a DM receiver that uses Mossberg 500 parts and Saiga mags/drums for at least 5 years if not more. They are the first to come out with a short barrel, smooth bore "firearm" but their's used a pistol brace. It was only after Mossberg came out with their Shockwave that Black Aces offered theirs with a birdshead grip.

Blace Aces used to offer just the receiver to build your own. I bought one on clearance for $100 a couple years ago and built mine. Those mags hanging down makes the gun unbalanced and awkward to handle. On a shotgun I'd rather have shells in the tube than in a detachable mag.

Reactions: beaversgs
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.