close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Mosquito Repellant

Discussion in 'The Lighter Side' started by Glockrunner, May 19, 2003.

1. Glockrunner

Glockrunner HOOYA DEEPSEA

(I can't attest to all of these methods, but a few are said to work...)

Use Bounce Fabric Softener Sheets...Best thing ever used in Louisiana..just wipe on & go...Great for babies.

A fisherman, takes one vitamin B-1 tablet a day April through October . He said it works. He was right. Hasn't had a mosquito bite in 33 years. Try it. Every one he has talked into trying it works on them. Vitamin B-1 (Thiamine Hydrochloride 100 mg.)

If you eat bananas, the mosquitoes like you, something about the banana oil as your body processes it. Stop eating bananas for the summer and the mosquitoes will be much less interested.

This is going to floor you, but one of the best insect repellents someone found (who is in the woods every day), is Vick's Vaporub.

Plant marigolds around the yard, the flowers give off a smell that bugs do not like, so plant some in that garden also to help ward off bugs without using insecticides.

"Tough guy" Marines who spend a great deal of time "camping out" say that the very best mosquito repellant you can use is Avon Skin-So-Soft bath oil mixed about half and half with alcohol.

One of the best natural insect repellants that I've discovered is made from the clear real vanilla. This is the pure Vanilla that is sold in Mexico. It works great for mosquitoes and ticks, don't know about other insects.

When all else fails--get a frog.

(I assume that if one applies all of the above simultaneously, that the threat of mosquitoes is altogether eliminated.)

2. Glockdude1

Glockdude1 Federal Member CLM

Thats it, Ban Mosquitos!!!!!!

3. SkippyThe

SkippyThe

Yes, yes, and do it for the children. And then we'll sue someone. Because there should be a warning printed on all Mosquitos. Well... But then the Mosquitos might contact the NAACP and then we'll all be labeled biggots. And what if we eliminate all Mosquitos. Would the UN level sanctions against us? Maybe send an inspection commitee to make sure we get rid of all weapons of mass bug destruction? Ahh heck. I'll try one of the above methods. ST

4. packratjim

packratjim

Well, all else failed and now I got a frog. What do I do with it - rub it all over the kids, or put it in a blender and drink it?

Those directions are really confusing.

5. Bravo8

Bravo8 Tattooed Freak

6. mlc933

mlc933

The Skin-so-soft thing works. I'm a Marine, and we do it.

7. girlwithagun

girlwithagun XD GAL

We've always used Skin So Soft, too. I know Snopes says it doesn't work, but after years of living with mosquitos, I hardily disagree.

Cutter and Off never seem to help for me, but the SSS keeps them the hell away from me. And we use it on our dog when he's outside after dark. Much better for his skin (yes, we have a dog with dry skin) than the other stuff.

8. Dennis in MA

Dennis in MA Get off my lawn

SSS contains nothing to repel insects. Nada. Nuttin. Zilch.

Please, EVERYONE, do NOT wipe your babies down with freakin BOUNCE!!!! Might as well put Tide in their formula too at that point.