close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Mosquito and Indian River Lagoon

Discussion in 'Hunting, Fishing & Camping' started by IXLR8ED, May 16, 2003.

1. IXLR8ED

IXLR8ED

Hi,

Anyone out there that activly fishes for Reds on these lagoons. I have been out several times this year and I cannot find the reds. Last Oct. Nov. Dec. I caught at least 25 reds 31" to 41.5" in Dummit Cove. Damn if I can find any now. Anyone know where they are?

[​IMG]

2. noway

noway

try you're seafood section at the grocery store(joke)

I know the reds where hot around Sebastian inlet and they most likely are following the mullets. I think as the weather warms up you will get better results, just a hunch.

3. MtnBiker

MtnBiker NRA Member Millennium Member

I don't know about reds, but I used to like to dip shrimp at mosquito lagoon.

4. flyboy5432H

flyboy5432H Pull.Mark.Bird.

i've been actively fishing the lagoon this entire spring. i'm a kayak guide on the north end just south of new symerna in the oak hill area.

lately the reds have been snubbing me too. went out a couple weeks back and picked up 6 reds up to 24" and 5 trout, largest went 26". this week though that wind picked up and i was spooking more reds than catching. got one red at 28" this week that was tailing and that was it. still lots of trout though.

best advice, fish early. i head out at 0700 and hit the edges of the flats. usually you can find tails in the air where the water is shallow up until 10 or so when they will wander into deeper water. once the sun comes up i look for specfic flats that are grass with lots of sand holes. the reds and trout will hold in those holes for an ambush. i've still been finding fish actively hunting the shallows but these have been extremely spooky and not cooperating this past week. i have been seeing alot of large reds though, some up to 35"+ so there are some real brutes down there.

i have some flats i specfically target in the north end that most flats boats won't venture on due to thier low water., but also the flats along el dora on the east side of the 'goon have been producing well and also Hong Kong flats right out of oak hill. the fish are definitely there, wether they will bite is another mater. when they pass over a live shrimp thrown in thier path i quickly run out of options to try and throw to them;f

hope you get into the reds and feel free to e-mail me at Michael_Uleski@hotmail.com if you have any other q's on some of the fishing down there.

tight lines...

5. IXLR8ED

IXLR8ED

Yeah! I have shrimped there and got my 5 gal many of times, but there is nothng like the drag screaming MOGAN red for an adrenalin rush!!!