close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Mosin Nagant Help . . .

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by Buzz9mm, Jan 22, 2010.

1. Buzz9mm

Buzz9mm

Hello,

I am thinking about getting a Mosin Nagant and I have a few questions. Where is the best place to buy them (online I guess)? What am I looking for with them? Is it hard to put a scope on them? Is the ammo hard to get? Is it hard to refinish the stock? Basically anything anybody can tell me.

Thanks guys,

Buzz9mm

2. SunGunner

SunGunner

3. mixflip

mixflip

I got mine at a BIG-5 for $89. They have sales on them from time to time so I'd check there if you have one in your area. This was 3 years ago though.

Yes scopes suck when trying to mount and thats where the cost will rise if you get serious about mounting a scope. I didnt have the funds/skills to drill and tap a rear mounted scope mount so I just bought a picatinny rail that swaps into the rear sight craddle and went with a 4x long eye relief scope which worked decently. The Russian PE scope mount is basically the best but it will cost you.

7.62x54r shouldnt be too hard to find? Its easy to find out here in Vegas so far.

I just cleaned up and sanded down the original finnish and painted it "tactical" black lol. Wood working isnt my forte' either so flat black worked for me.

I dont recommend the bipod I have. (barrel mounted) Go for a Harris bipod style mounted on th estock for better results.

I'll never get rid of the bent bolt handle! Its a must have item on a Mosin in my opinion.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 22, 2010
  4. Buzz9mm

Buzz9mm

Also, I noticed most of the Mosin Nagants dont have their bolts turned down. How is yours? I heard it was for the ex-sniper versions that had that . . ?

5. oldfort

oldfort

Buzz

I have a lot of Mosin's. Great rifles. Try checking "Milsurpshooter.net". ParallaxBill has a lot of info, including a list of the C&R sites.

Don't overlook the Mod 39 Finn. It may be the most ugly, but probably will shoot the best. Sometimes it is the best buy in the shops, because of it's looks. Good luck.

6. Tank44

Tank44 Tank44

7. 3glkdog

3glkdog

Classicarms got some nice one, J&G got some too.

8. dikaiosune05

dikaiosune05