Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Boatswain's Mate
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any talk of Glock coming out with a MOS slide for the Glock 19X? Like they did with the G45 a little while after that model came out?

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Glock has discontinued the 19X. You can just get a 45 MOS (or 19 MOS) slide and get it refinished if you want it to sort of match the 19X colors.

·
Boatswain's Mate
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Glock has discontinued the 19X. You can just get a 45 MOS (or 19 MOS) slide and get it refinished if you want it to sort of match the 19X colors.
I keep hearing that they have discontinued the 19X, but then I also keep hearing that they haven't discontinued it. Somebody was saying that they spoke to someone from Glock who actually confirmed that they had NOT discontinued the 19X.

But thank you for the advice, I guess I could get a slide from the G45 or the G19 and just not even worry about matching the colors. Or I could have it cerakoted if I want to match the color.

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
I tried getting my blue label distributor to order me one and he says he's unable, but if he gets one in he would give me a call. This was November when I bought 30 RMRs from him.

·
Boatswain's Mate
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I tried getting my blue label distributor to order me one and he says he's unable, but if he gets one in he would give me a call. This was November when I bought 30 RMRs from him.
Well I think your idea of a G45 MOS slide might be better anyway. It will also have front slide serrations as well. If they discontinue it they will bring it back for runs I think. It is a very popular model isn't it? And it's popularity might be why it is so hard to find. Although they are available on gun broker right now. There was one with the "buy now" feature that I used for both the G45 and the G19X that I currently own.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Either a 19 gen 5 mos slide, or a G45 mos slide would be what I'd do. Drop on, decent finish. Way better than the cerakote to me. If you bought a complete slide group you could part out the parts you dont need.

·
Banned
6,432 Posts
I don't know who started the rumor that the 19X was discontinued...
A G45MOS or a G19 Gen5 MOS slide will work on you r 19X plenty of those on Ebay, got mine with all the internals barrel and RSA for about $350 brand new.

·
Boatswain's Mate
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
OK thanks to all. It looks like I have my plan set out for me. A G45 MOS slide with all the internals would be the way to go. Thanks again for all the comments and advice in this matter.

·
Banned
328 Posts
The 19x isnt discontinued. Lol
I'd get your slide milled and don't bother with MOS trash.
IMG_20200323_165121.jpg

Reactions: Seaweed02

·
Registered
12 Posts
I don't know if the 19X has been discontinued or not, but I just picked up a new 19X last week. It had been out of stock for a few weeks, but one showed up and I grabbed it. It is a USA made gun.

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
I think the latest USA made 19X was made this year. Glock is probably doing limited production runs. I never liked mine after I got my 45. The color just never grew on me and I can't get used to gen5 night sights. All my gen5 guns and the 19X ended up with gen4 Ameriglos.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts