Glock Talk banner

MOS Glocks

5581 Views 22 Replies 15 Participants Last post by  MagnumU
I am contemplating buying a G - 34/35 MOS but I have read where the plates don't match the Red Dot Sights and the screws are too short also on a few occasions where the cover plate has broke. Has this been fixed or should I just forget about buying one? Looking for answers.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Premium Member
5,924 Posts
The plates fit all of the top red dot sights (Burris FastFire III fits plate #1, even though it does not indicate that in the Glock literature for some reason).

As for the screws, the factory ones fit mine, but there have been reports stating you need to use specific screws for one red dot (RMR), but this is a simple fix, and not something to prevent use. Just order the cheap screws and problem solved.

The MOS plates seem to be working, and I am happy with mine. Machining the slide would be slightly better, but the cost and risks of future issues (red dot dies, new red dots don't fit the machined area, etc.) make it a decent option.

· Registered
59,814 Posts
The Trijicon RMR requires a twelve dollar kit that includes proper length screws and a thin back plate to function properly. Considering the cost of the pistol and the RMR being nearly that of the pistol I did not consider it a financial deal breaker. I did need a few phone calls to each company before the right person in Trijicon told me of the part.

· nothing to see here, move along
416 Posts
GPutt33! nice gun! What do you think of the Vortex? And....Does the sight co-witness those suppressor sights you have? That is one of my concerns with the MOS series. Co-witness and strength of the mount.

· Love My Glocks
270 Posts
I'm afraid the suppressor sight ended up basically flush with the main body of the Vortex. I have just got use to it almost being not there, but I can still shoot with it. Kind of hard to explain. I do really like the Razor sight. Nice and crisp. The only thing to REALLY be aware of is they have a locking screw in back lower right side used to lock adjustments. I was able to use a ball joint drive with the stock sights. With the suppressor sights I had to figure out exactly where to pre-drill a small hole that would line up with the set screw when the sight was on and centered. I lucked out and it works fine.

· Proud NRA Life Patron Member, Life GSSF member
12,028 Posts
I saw your post in GSSF as well, and as you can see they prefer Bobby Carvers ( B & B enterprises frame mounted kits.

Question is what will you do with this pistol? Is this for hunting, competition, or just something to admire and play with at the range?

· Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I saw your post in GSSF as well, and as you can see they prefer Bobby Carvers ( B & B enterprises frame mounted kits.

Question is what will you do with this pistol? Is this for hunting, competition, or just something to admire and play with at the range?
Competition the reason why I asked about the UM is because I could buy one pistol and use it for limited then pop the mount on and use it for open.

· Registered
1,275 Posts
I have the 41MOS and put a Vortex Razor on it. Absolutely no problems with the plates, screws or any sign of any failures. Having a LOT of fun at the range with this one :)

I'm afraid the suppressor sight ended up basically flush with the main body of the Vortex. I have just got use to it almost being not there, but I can still shoot with it. Kind of hard to explain. I do really like the Razor sight. Nice and crisp. The only thing to REALLY be aware of is they have a locking screw in back lower right side used to lock adjustments. I was able to use a ball joint drive with the stock sights. With the suppressor sights I had to figure out exactly where to pre-drill a small hole that would line up with the set screw when the sight was on and centered. I lucked out and it works fine.

Heck yes !!!!!!!!!!!!

You've gotta tell me more about this gem. What all have you done?

If you get time I'd love to see some more pics and information on it.

Sweet, sweet pistola.

· Love My Glocks
270 Posts
Thanks for the compliment.

Let's see - Vortex Razor sight
Pyramid Ultimate trigger system (have it set with the 3.5lb springs) Many different drop in triggers out there to choose from.
Extended mag release
SS slide release lever and slide lock
Rear slide gate with the Spartan / Molan Labe
Suppressor sights
17# SS recoil spring rod assembly

Presently have just under 400 rds thru it and have had ZERO problems with it. Very accurate (for me) and have not had to readjust the zero on the Razor yet, it has stayed set.

· Registered
1,275 Posts
Thanks for the compliment.

Let's see - Vortex Razor sight
Pyramid Ultimate trigger system (have it set with the 3.5lb springs) Many different drop in triggers out there to choose from.
Extended mag release
SS slide release lever and slide lock
Rear slide gate with the Spartan / Molan Labe
Suppressor sights
17# SS recoil spring rod assembly

Presently have just under 400 rds thru it and have had ZERO problems with it. Very accurate (for me) and have not had to readjust the zero on the Razor yet, it has stayed set.

Very nice !!!

Thanks for the rundown on it.

I've been wondering how one decides on the dot size for their red dots for pistols. It's never been something I've used before.....new territory. I do see mainly 3 MOA in use for similar applications.

· Registered
1,275 Posts
I think I'm going to go with a Burris FastFire III for mine. I'm calling my lgs today to see what he has for suppressor height sights.

I'd like to have my G34 ready, optic-wise, at least, for some range fun next weekend.

· Registered
59 Posts
The Trijicon RMR requires a twelve dollar kit that includes proper length screws and a thin back plate to function properly. Considering the cost of the pistol and the RMR being nearly that of the pistol I did not consider it a financial deal breaker. I did need a few phone calls to each company before the right person in Trijicon told me of the part.
Here is a remedy, and it works... http://www.ebay.com/itm/171974385141?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

· Registered
2 Posts
I bought a Vortex Razor Red Dot for my Model 35 Gen 4 MOS. The sight literature said to use the #3 adapter plate. The pins on the plate were too tall so I called Vortex. A real person answered the phone and I was quickly speaking with a technician. He said that the pins were a typical problem and I would have to simply file them down. I called Glock and they said that the adapter plates were generic, and not made for any specific sight. I filed the pins carefully and the adapter then fit the sight. But when I mounted the adapter to the slide and then attempted to mount the sight, the sight appeared to be too far forward. and would not seat. I called Vortex a couple days later, and they offered to mount the sight for me at no charge. They sent a FEDEX prepaid label and I sent them the slide and sight. Got it back properly mounted a week later. Shooting it is a great experience. This is my second Vortex sight (the other a rifle scope) and I am sold on their products and product support.

· Registered
2,249 Posts
Do those red dot sights mount on a regular slide like my G41?

Batts
I'm sort of curious about that myself. I've got the same model and a free Leopold RMR if I want it. My eyes aren't as good as they used to be up close. The iron sights are a little fuzzy. I was thinking having about the slide machined to fit it. I've heard it called a slide melt.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.