GlockTalk Forum banner

21 - 40 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Can't wait for official rules.
1) Is this an "additional" Division or are MOS models used in their stock divisions?
I was told any MOS gun, which implies any MOS caliber, Any MOS length.

When I started this thread, I was wondering if there were other divisions being added besides MOS, I guess not or nobody is saying.

·
Registered
759 Posts
I was told any MOS gun, which implies any MOS caliber, Any MOS length.

When I started this thread, I was wondering if there were other divisions being added besides MOS, I guess not or nobody is saying.
What would the "other" divisions be?

I'm already missing out on the G44 division, not yet willing to pony up the premium for an OFF ROSTER California Private Party Transfer for a G44 (they are upwards of $1000 out here, it's totally stupid).

Gun wise, I can't think of an additional division that clearly would be something significant to what is already out there. Maybe additional "sub" categories, but what?

MOS as rumored totally makes sense.

Bummer, because I sold off an unused FastFire III that would have been perfect to just get started in the Division.

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
What would the "other" divisions be?

I'm already missing out on the G44 division, not yet willing to pony up the premium for an OFF ROSTER California Private Party Transfer for a G44 (they are upwards of $1000 out here, it's totally stupid).
How much are MOS guns going for in CA? They must be crazy too right? :(

·
Registered
759 Posts
How much are MOS guns going for in CA? They must be crazy too right? :(
A GEN4 isn't as scary over priced as one might think because GEN5's now pushed down the "latest and greatest" GEN4 premium.

But, there still is OEM part swap solutions to mate a GEN4 MOS upper to a GEN3 frame and still be entirely within the OEM parts only rules of GSSF. It's as simply as getting one's hands on a GEN4 MOS upper and throwing it on the corresponding GEN3 frame. None of that requires and FFL. One could probably get away without the slide spacer from the 4 to 3, and I bet GSSF RSO's wont care anyway.

We have two known solutions:
1) Pay the private party transfer premium
2) Part swap, and those with GEN4's that are NON MOS could simply get the MOS slide.

So the BIG rule question is GSSF going to allow folks to MILL a non MOS slide, or allow for the use of a NON OEM GLOCK mounting plate that utilizes the rear sight channel as a mounting point?

Personally, I already own GEN4 MOS G17's. One is a designated UNLIMTED with a FRAME mounted dot, so that's a no go, and the other is my "stock" pistol. But I have an extra entire MOS upper I could just throw a red dot on, and swap between divisions.
Sadly, most folks want out of the box solutions. For us in CA it's a little bit of hoop jumping.

·
Registered
759 Posts
California or not, I think many Glock owners are faced with the same decisions.
For example the singular G17 owner:
1) Do they shoot the MOS G17 without a Dot (which I presume will be OK per the rules) in the MOS division just for the sake of simplicity and getting an additional Division.
2) Do they slide swap?
3) Do they buy a designated gun?

It's just those outside of CA have a better opportunity to START with an MOS model.

·
Registered
759 Posts
I highly doubt anything except an OEM MOS model will be allowed. Remember, GSSF is about selling guns for Glock not supporting aftermarket companies.
Yea, I do think there might be a few GEN3 frames with GEN4 MOS slides in CA.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Great News. Just purchased a G-45 MOS and Trijicon RMR. Wanted to shoot it in a match but thought I would be relegated to compete in Unlimited with it.

·
Private side
11,392 Posts
Should be a good thing, will even it up between the race gun shooters and the stock MOS shooters.
You can shoot MOS in unlimited but not unlimited in MOS.

Reactions: PM720

·
Registered
759 Posts
Oh, oh, oh.........

How about a................ HOLSTER division :)

I know, never going to happen in any configuration, limited to masters or not :)

·
Registered
87 Posts
It will be interesting if they allow aftermarket plates. I assume they will allow them since they allow aftermarket sights, but who knows.

·
Registered
662 Posts
I recently asked the question to a person who would know. Unless something changes, the intent is to only accommodate factory MOS guns. Milled slides will not be allowed. Dovetail mounts will also not be allowed.
That’s exactly what GSSF told us last Thursday.
Factory MOS models only.
With or without a dot.

21 - 40 of 55 Posts