More Women in Training Than Ever!!

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by Cody Jarrett, Apr 3, 2010.

1. Cody Jarrett

Cody Jarrett

I gave an NRA Basic pistol class today and hile filing the results realized 5 of the 14 students were female. I looked ahead to my roster for next week - NRA Personal Protection in the Home - and found that 4 of the 15 registered students are female. Anyone else noticing this trend?

2. GAFinch

GAFinch

Yes

1. On occasion I'll go to the (indoor) range in the afternoon if I want to shoot my shotgun while they're not busy. I usually see a woman in there with a private trainer. I guess they like to go when their kids are in school.

2. When I got my carry permit, there was an 85 year old woman in there getting her's too.

3. My mom took me to lunch a couple days ago and I mentioned I was getting myself a gun for my birthday. She started asking questions about guns and I ended up telling her I'd take her to the range with me in a week or two.

3. Bruce M

Bruce M

Sigh. Where are those little guys holding the signs that read this thread is worthless without pics when you really need them?

4. motorcyclist

motorcyclist

I would say a quarter of my CWP class was female. One of the instructors during the range session was female (and damn fine looking, but 30 years my junior). This range also offers female only CWP classes. I laugh when young guys think it will be zombies that will get them.

5. Nestor

Nestor Lean & Mean

It's a very good news.
    My 7 years old daughter just asked me to take her to the range.
    My wife seems to be more and more interested also (despite the fact that I never mentioned anything about her doing a shooting thing).
    I just waited...and it seems to work.

6. M2 Carbine

M2 Carbine

I just teach basic shooting to friends and friends of friends now and then. The last six people I taught to shoot were ladies, from 16 years old to ........