More Tales from Jefferson Co. Jail... Murderer attempts to add Deputy tally

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by Rohniss, Oct 10, 2010.

1. Rohniss

Rohniss

Jefferson County sheriff's deputy attacked in jail by convicted quadruple murderer

http://blog.al.com/spotnews/2010/10/jefferson_county_sheriffs_depu_8.html

It was bad. Just got home.

ETA: Change Title:

Since its an on-going investigation I don't want to say much, but it involved an ASP being taken and used by the inmate... on the Deputy...

It was the worst one I've ever seen... blood trial from slider to the elevators...

Last edited: Nov 22, 2010
  2. Vigilant

Vigilant

Godspeed to the Deputy. And may justice be served. The old-fashioned way.

Get a rope.

3. merlynusn

merlynusn

Prayers for a full recovery.

4. Rohniss

Rohniss

Good News... Our guy is expected to make a full recovery and its being reported that he didn't suffer any broken bones... still 47+ stitches in the head... not good.

The skel, on the other hand, is already back in the comfy combines of the Jail and supposedly has sentencing tomorrow for the 4 murders he was just convicted of... Hopefully, there will be more good news and he'll get the needle.

I just hope that the transport goes off good and noone else gets hurt by this scumbag...

5. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

Wonder if the deputies will pay the guy a cell visit and remind him to never lay hands on another officer... those were the good ole days.:whistling:

Glad to hear the officer will recover. 47 stitches though... must have been a hell of a gash.

6. Navy HMC

Navy HMC

Make the guy look like Hannibal Lecter, but add at least one if not more taser suits to the **** (can't think of a derogetory description fitting this guy). He's got nothing to lose by being a complete waste of oxygen and mass. Glad the deputy will make a full recovery. Needs: "To be tased hourly" included in the sentencing.

7. dp509

dp509 2009 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor

Glad he is OK :supergrin:

8. Jabberwock

Jabberwock

Overjoyed to hear he will be making a full recovery!

Nevertheless, no words can describe my anger, so I won't even try. While everyone here understands, I still find it rather sad that the general public, by and large, have no concept of what does and can happen in jail or prison. Seems most think that as soon as the bad guy is in the back of the cruiser, he or she just kinda - poof - vanishes and goes away.

Anyway, really angry at reading this and, well, I'll hold my tongue on what should be done to him.

9. jpa

jpa CLM

I'd vote for the judge that would impose that sentence.... :)

10. mikegun

mikegun

Looks like he gets, life without, unless the judge changes it...should be hung by his balls..I am particularly sensitive to this kind of crap some years ago my partner entered a jail cell to remove a POS prisoner, The bad guy cut partners throat with a melted down tooth brush handle, we were only able to save his life as the jail Dr happened to be there with the equiptment to stop his bleeding, deputys and prison guards cannot be to careful in handeling these *******s....after dragging the Deputy out of the cell, my K9 was used to remove the prisoner, funny i always had trouble calling this dog off after a bite...LOL

Last edited: Oct 11, 2010
  11. Cochese

Cochese Most mackinest CLM

Make sure the dep sues him in civil court. :supergrin:

12. Rohniss

Rohniss

I'll give a little more info today...

Firstly, appreciate the good thoughts/prayers/kind words... after the sewer of comments on AL.com I showed some of the guys at work this and they appreciate it too...

Fortunately, our guy was released from the hospital the night of the attack (or early following morning)... hes still got appointments to get his eyes worked on/looked at, but they expect he'll be fine...

Unfortunately, the jury saw fit to return with a recommendation of Life w/o the Possibility so its looking like there won't be a needle in the guys future... I was hoping that our guy would be invited down by ADOC to push the button... but I can hold out hope...

I also hope that our comrades at ADOC don't suffer a similar or more successful attack from this guy in the future...

The guy has been quiet as a church mouse since coming back from the hospital... I fear that he overheard conversations... and he walked the line when he came back in the slider... Oh well we know what kinda guy he is now and will respond appropriately if he tries another stunt...

Oh yeah we put Attempted Murder charges on him today... so there's that to look forward to (he'll have to come back to faces those charges after shipping out)...

13. The Hawk

The Hawk

I started my LEO career at the Jefferson Co. KY jail in the early '80's.
    The first week I worked there I saw what happened to a violent inmate after he attacked an Officer with a food tray. Let's just say it was a very bad decision on his part.