close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

more situational awareness

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by BK63, Mar 17, 2010.

1. BK63

BK63

My daughter travels to this city for work once a week, has had her car broken into and gps stolen and I don't like it when she has to travel there and told her get out of dodge as quick as possible and don't go there if you don't have to. I found this web site spotcrime.com that was actually pretty shocking. It shows some of the recent crimes, robberies, etc and the map is just dotted all over the place with this stuff. Maybe these maps would make somebody more aware to carry more often if they only carry when they feel the need. It just may save a life one day.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2010
  2. BobbyT

BobbyT

If you really want to see something scary, try http://www.familywatchdog.us/

A lot of it is probably stuff like public urination or 18 year olds with 16 year old girlfriends, but it's still amazing to see so many hits all around. You can click the dots for details and see some really messed up people living just minutes away.

3. Diesel_Bomber

Diesel_Bomber

Holy crap, thanks BobbyT.

Just learned something interesting about one of my neighbors.

4. dnuggett

dnuggett PRO 2A

Scary isn't it?

5. BobbyT

BobbyT

I live in Crook County, and it's astounding how many dots there were around me--and I'm not even in the ghetto known as Chicago; I'm in the suburbs over 20 miles from downtown.

I'm sure part of it comes from us being a sanctuary city/county, but it's still ridiculous.

Of course, if you want really crazy, just type in Chicago. Too many to count.

6. Diesel_Bomber

Diesel_Bomber

Very. That particular neighbor likes to "chat" with the neighborhood kids and give them icecream and whatnot. Hate to cause drama and rock the boat, but I do believe I'm going to be having a friendly chat with some parents in the neighborhood.

7. chazmr

chazmr

Verrry Interesting!
    Thanks for posting the link.