close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

More layoffs due to obamacare

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by meathead19, Nov 9, 2012.

1. meathead19

meathead19

2. cowboywannabe

cowboywannabe you savvy?

impossible, obama said the best is yet to come, lean forward, hope and change....

or did he say here it comes, bend over, hope and pray.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2012

3. meathead19

meathead19

fixed it for you.

4. Glock20 10mm

Glock20 10mm Use Linux!

5. Louisville Glocker

Louisville Glocker Urban Redneck

I was just at the doc's office. I don't go often, but elbow got banged or something and is swelled up pretty bad.

Observations: five employees shuffling paper and scrambling around doing paperwork. Only one doctor and one APRN (practicing registered nurse). Why do they need five people to do the paperwork? And that doesn't include where they're going to send that paperwork to offsite - that is, the insurance companies that process the paperwork. Probably a couple more people there.

What if we could have a system that isn't driven by the insurance companies, and filing claims, counter-claims, etc? I'm talking small town doc. Maybe he has one nurse/assistant. I think the current system is bloated. Single payer is the way to go. Simplify. Cut out the middlemen.

6. ustate

ustate NRA Member

My wife's work is cutting out full time employees. It won't change much for my wife since she only works one day a week but due to Obamacare her boss can't afford what would be required for people on fulltime status so everyone who is currently working fulltime will be moved to part time.

7. meathead19

meathead19

Yep, there will be lots going from full to part time. No choice of their own, of course.

It's for the greater good though....I'm sure you can/will understand.

8. Glock20 10mm

Glock20 10mm Use Linux!

HIPPA for one.

9. nursetim

nursetim

Let get this straight. By single payer, you mean the government? Or the old country doctor that takes cash only or maybe even a chicken or a bushel of corn? :dunno:

10. Carrys

Carrys Inquisitive

I can't speak for that poster, but I can tell you what the short term past has lead me to understand that most people want......someone to do it for them.

As long as they don't have to do it for themselves.....and they are told it's for free, they would let the Devil do it.

11. garyjandfamily

garyjandfamily

Maybe having someone else pay for it IS the problem? Has anyone else noticed that Lasik eye surgery (which is not covered by Medicare or any insurance company) gets better, safer and cheaper every year? Maybe getting serious about a free market economy in health care would be the solution...

12. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Tewwowist

It used to be that way before Medicare started in 1966.

In single payer the government IS the middle man. Instead of having 5 people shuffling paperwork at your doctor's office, there will be a couple hundred thousand unionized federal workers shuffling it in DC.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2012
  13. Kingarthurhk

Kingarthurhk Isaiah 53:4-9

I think lean forward is the political euphemism for bend over.

14. lunarspeak

lunarspeak

well back in the 50's maybe the old town doc was happy liveing in a old farmhouse and driveing a old beater car but that was then.

if it were me and i spent all those years in med school i would want to be paid ...no house calls,and im gone by 5.:tongueout:

15. Carrys

Carrys Inquisitive

I hear you sir.

But something you must understand IMO, the people have made their choice.....no going back or changing anything now. And what they want, never mind what may be better or safer......is someone to do things for them, at any cost.

People simply want someone else to do things for them and they don't mind the cost....especially when they think the cost is "free".

Our Country changed officialy a few days ago. The "right thing" changed, right before our eyes. The right thing as defined by the majority means to make someone else do it and force someone else to pay for it. Quality and cost no longer matter, except to mean one is due and the cost to them is "free".

16. Sporaticus

Sporaticus Aw sheet main

This is a good time to get into a petroleum or gas ETF.

17. EMTBN8

EMTBN8

If human medicine were like veterinary medicine, there would be far less problems and bloating. However, politicians have figured out how to bloat everything so the system is now crap

18. Bruce M

Bruce M

I do not know about the 50s but in the 60s the physicians I knew in our rural area appeared to be of upper middle class or upper class status based on the cars they drove and residences they lived in. And since some of the first automobiles were marketed specifically for doctors I have to guess that at least some of them have been above the middle of the middle class for a while now. And I have no problem with that.

19. meathead19

meathead19

Flippy, DA in MA.......care to explain why these companies are letting hundres of employees go???

Last edited: Nov 10, 2012
  20. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Tewwowist

Fo-shizzle