close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

More Glocks than available matches

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by Morris, Mar 3, 2006.

1. Morris

Morris CLM

Well, I'm getting my application ready for Shelton (WA) and realized that I have to debate as to what I want to shoot in Master Stock. Can't decide on whether it's better to shoot the G37 or the G21. Running AmGuardian with my duty issued G22, AmComp is a G35, MasterUnlimited is a G24.

Thoughts?

2. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

My personal favorite is the G37. However you should shoot whichever you shoot the best, a 37 is not for everyone.

Good Luck and be safe.

3. ede

ede Bama's Friend

i use the same gun i shoot AmCiv with for Master Stock

4. gary newport

gary newport

Don, I assume from your reply that you have or are planning to use a G37 in GSSF. May I ask what load you use or are planning to use? Right now, I'm mostly using the starting load for 200 grain bullets (mostly Rainier flaptponts for me) and Ramshot True Blue powder from the Lyman 3rd edition book, which gave them a velocity of about 869 FPS in their test barrel.

Thanks!

5. WIG19

WIG19 Light left on

+1 Shoot MS as a prelude to AG, with same gun, assuming you're shooting AG with the gun you're most comfortable with.

;?

6. Don At PC

Yep, I love the performance of the 37. I shoot it better than any Glock I own and I have a few. I shot it in AmCiv and Master Stock at Orlando. I am currently working out a few bugs on a U/L version. I will either start it at Ft. Benning or Mingus.

I prefer the Extreme 185gr FP bullet, over 4.4gr of Tite Group, OAL of 1.070 and a crimp of .471. Very soft and accurate. The same bullet in 200gr with 4.1 gr Tite Group is also nice. This load was developed from the Hodgon's load data for the GAP. My 1st certificate this year will turn into a G39 to be used in Maj. Sub. I have shot .40's, .45acp and 9mm in GSSF over the past 6 years and the .45 GAP gives me the best scores of all of them. Buttttttt I will be the first to admit it isn't for everyone but I love it and have confidence in it.

7. ede

ede Bama's Friend

don we're close, i use a 185 rainier over 4.3 grs of tite group col of 1.105.
    edit: i think if brass were easier and cheaper to find i'm make the GAP my GSSF round for everything. as it is now i'm shooting the 9mm, 40, and GAP

8. gary newport

gary newport

FLAPTPONTS? ;P ;g

9. Don At PC

I remember those ;z ;z ;z ~rf ~rf ~rf ~fnt~ ~fnt~ ^3