Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
More and more I’m getting frustrated with the power grab being perpetrated on this nation mainly by the nanny state left. Voluntary Lockdown until we see what this virus is capable of I could be convinced to do. Draconian Stay at home when the virus models are all proven to be wrong....NO. These people Will Kill more people than the virus in the long run if we are not careful. It needs to be rolled back NOW, to save lives. My own close family is Potentially being impacted in this manner.

RN BSN CNOR

https://www.breitbart.com/health/20...s-to-kill-more-than-coronavirus-in-australia/

·
NRA Life Member
14,407 Posts
The headline might be correct, but you can't draw any conclusions from that alone.

A building catches on fire, and someone trips going down the steps and dies. Everyone else makes it out safely. The evacuation killed more people than the fire. Does that mean we shouldn't evacuate buildings that are on fire?

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
anyone on the edge may well eat their gun after forced lockdown. just grateful I have plenty of yardwork to keep me busy and sane. best wishes to all.

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
I don't personally know anyone who died from corona, but I know one person that has taken their life since the lockdown. I know, totally anecdotal and meaningless as far as statistics go. But I do believe the psychological damage from this overreaction is beyond measure.

·
Values. Can't be bought.
13,070 Posts
A building catches on fire, and someone trips going down the steps and dies. Everyone else makes it out safely. The evacuation killed more people than the fire. Does that mean we shouldn't evacuate buildings that are on fire?
More importantly, was that a Covid death?

Reactions: Cambo

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The headline might be correct, but you can't draw any conclusions from that alone.

No. Not a valid argument. If there are ten people in the building and the nearest escape route exits to a three story fall. The fall which will kill three of the ten people but an other exit is available which will take an additional one minute to reach and from which everyone can exit safely if they keep their calm and follow directions. The fire marshal insist everyone takes the first exit regardless that the death toll will be higher. That is our government. I deal with infectious disease that can easily kill if precautions are not followed 100% every day. Most of the reactions to this Covid-19 has been nothing but panic.
Protect the high risk. Elderly and those With preexisting Health conditions. Protect the Elderly and High Risk By not shutting down the economy and treatment of other disease condition. If we Collapse the economy and as a result Inhibit our ability to produce and deliver food, we are talking about a casualty rate that will absolutely dwarf the results from the Covid-19. Millions, not tens of thousands.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
And .Gov will say these are covid deaths to scare people more.
Our own hospital has been counting suspected Covid-19 deaths in the actual casualty attributed to Covid-19 numbers. Even if they were never tested for the virus. The normal number for pneumonia are supposedly down for this season. Many believe that is because of over reporting Covid-19 deaths.

·
AAAMAD
32,214 Posts
Our own hospital has been counting suspected Covid-19 deaths in the actual casualty attributed to Covid-19 numbers. Even if they were never tested for the virus. The normal number for pneumonia are supposedly down for this season. Many believe that is because of over reporting Covid-19 deaths.
Source?

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
From the article.

Deaths from mental health issues are just the tip of the iceberg in terms of the long-term health impacts from the lockdowns, however, leading some observers to propose that “locking down whole populations in the hope of ‘flattening the curve’ was a catastrophic error, perhaps the worst policy mistake ever committed by Western governments during peacetime.”

For instance, national lockdowns have forced countries across the globe to close down TB treatment programs, which reportedly could lead to 6.3 million additional cases of TB and 1.4 million deaths over the next five years.

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
Sooooo...an article about AUSTRALIA that is full of "estimates" and "forecasts" versus actual data, has convinced you that every country on the planet was wrong to take anti-pandemic measures? 76K deaths in the US and counting with actual data trending towards 150-250k total by years end WITHOUT a widespread secondary outbreak. You're a special kind of person aren't you?

·
AAAMAD
32,214 Posts
Sooooo...an article about AUSTRALIA that is full of "estimates" and "forecasts" versus actual data, has convinced you that every country on the planet was wrong to take anti-pandemic measures? 76K deaths in the US and counting with actual data trending towards 150-250k total by years end WITHOUT a widespread secondary outbreak. You're a special kind of person aren't you?
A688E7C9-DAA7-4814-B367-32A1BED1DBE1.jpeg

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
The thing that gets me is, the media has everyone believing if you get it, you die.

Yet you look at the actual numbers, and last I checked looking around, something like 98% who get it dont die from it.

I just looked at the totals as of this afternoon, and there are supposedly 7,782,874,000 (thats 7.8 BILLION) people on the planet.

Out if that, 267,717 have supposedly died from Coronavirus.

That works out to be 0.0034%. If that were money, its not even half a penny out of a dollar. ;)

I know theres going to be some error in there, with them over and underinflating the numbers, depending on whos doing the reporting, but still, I dont think its anywhere near as bad as they would have you believe, and it has to make you wonder whats really going on, while we are all stuck at home trying to diddle the chickens.

Have you also noticed you dont hear anything about whats going on outside the country anymore too? What? Is the rest of the world dead now? :)

It will be interesting to see what happens now in the states that have opened back up and how that gets skewed and "reported". We are in one of those states, and our county is in that group that has been allowed to go back to work in some fields, as well as other things.

Our county has 33 confirmed cases, out of 40,000 people. Most of the other counties around us have similar numbers. Hmmm, theres a pandemic? WTF, over.

I guess time will tell.

When you watch TV, ask yourself why are they telling you what they are "reporting" (LOL), and why.

Question everything and everyone, and dont take BS as an answer, especially from anyone belonging to "party". ;)

WWG1WGA :)

·
AAAMAD
32,214 Posts
The thing that gets me is, the media has everyone believing if you get it, you die.

Yet you look at the actual numbers, and last I checked looking around, something like 98% who get it dont die from it.

I just looked at the totals as of this afternoon, and there are supposedly 7,782,874,000 (thats 7.8 BILLION) people on the planet.

Out if that, 267,717 have supposedly died from Coronavirus.

That works out to be 0.0034%. If that were money, its not even half a penny out of a dollar. ;)

I know theres going to be some error in there, with them over and underinflating the numbers, depending on whos doing the reporting, but still, I dont think its anywhere near as bad as they would have you believe, and it has to make you wonder whats really going on, while we are all stuck at home trying to diddle the chickens.

Have you also noticed you dont hear anything about whats going on outside the country anymore too? What? Is the rest of the world dead now? :)

It will be interesting to see what happens now in the states that have opened back up and how that gets skewed and "reported". We are in one of those states, and our county is in that group that has been allowed to go back to work in some fields, as well as other things.

Our county has 33 confirmed cases, out of 40,000 people. Most of the other counties around us have similar numbers. Hmmm, theres a pandemic? WTF, over.

I guess time will tell.

When you watch TV, ask yourself why are they telling you what they are "reporting" (LOL), and why.

Question everything and everyone, and dont take BS as an answer, especially from anyone belonging to "party". ;)

WWG1WGA :)

Of the closed cases in America 1/4 of the people who had it, died.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

That’s pretty serious. Not EOW, but pretty serious.

·
Smartass Pilot
20,786 Posts
This sounds like a problem that Australia needs to deal with. Here in the United States the virus has already surpassed the annual national suicide rate (and in just 3 months) making this whole thread a moot point.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Of the closed cases in America 1/4 of the people who had it, died.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

That’s pretty serious. Not EOW, but pretty serious.
Im just going by reported deaths vs population.

As of a few minutes ago, from the same site you quoted, there have been 270,123 deaths in the US.

The current population of the US is 329,618,487.

That works out to be 0.082%. Basically one hundredth of one percent.

Not making light of those who died, but look at most of those who have. The majority of those are old and with underlying issues, that could easily have died from flu or other things if they had encountered them instead.

I dont buy, and seriously question, all "the hype", and from all sides.

One sure thing that really needs to come out of this is, that the media needs to be held accountable for what they "report" and severely penalized (heavy fines and loss of licenses would be a good start) for things that prove to be more than truthful reporting.

Not to interfere with the 1st Amendment, but if you cant yell fire in a theater, you shouldnt be able to do it in a "special bulletin", or on the 6 oclock news. ;)

Bubbleheaded bleach blonde or not. :)

Reactions: porschedog

·
NRA Life Member
14,407 Posts
No. Not a valid argument. If there are ten people in the building and the nearest escape route exits to a three story fall. The fall which will kill three of the ten people but an other exit is available which will take an additional one minute to reach and from which everyone can exit safely if they keep their calm and follow directions. The fire marshal insist everyone takes the first exit regardless that the death toll will be higher. That is our government. I deal with infectious disease that can easily kill if precautions are not followed 100% every day. Most of the reactions to this Covid-19 has been nothing but panic.
Protect the high risk. Elderly and those With preexisting Health conditions. Protect the Elderly and High Risk By not shutting down the economy and treatment of other disease condition. If we Collapse the economy and as a result Inhibit our ability to produce and deliver food, we are talking about a casualty rate that will absolutely dwarf the results from the Covid-19. Millions, not tens of thousands.
It was merely an example that you should be comparing the number of deaths that would have been caused by COVID and not how many were actually caused after taking preventative measures. I'm not arguing that it was the best possible course of action, just that the title is misleading.

I may be wrong but I think it's been the spread of the disease that has shut down the meat production facilities and caused the subsequent shortage, not any kind of government shutdown.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts