close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

More Citigroup Sucks...

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by humanguerrilla, Feb 22, 2010.

1. humanguerrilla

humanguerrilla

Not only are they antigun, freezing accounts of merchants that have processed firearm related transactions http://www.nssf.org/share/images/letter.jpg
    , but now they reserve the right to deny all their customers access to their funds in Citigroup banks for up to seven days.

http://www.businessinsider.com/citigroup-warns-customers-it-may-refuse-to-allow-withdrawals-2010-2

"Effective April 1, 2010, we reserve the right to require (7) days advance notice before permitting a withdrawal from all checking accounts. While we do not currently exercise this right and have not exercised it in the past, we are required by law to notify you of this change," Citigroup said on statements received by customers all over the country

Last edited: Feb 22, 2010
  2. gh0st614

gh0st614

I could just imagine my surprise if I went to make a withdraw to pay a bill or something that I needed cash for....7 days my ***. I want my money now.

3. silentpoet

silentpoet

4. humanguerrilla

humanguerrilla

Sonnuvab...
    eh.

5. freespirit34

freespirit34 BMFTSY

Just another reason not to deal with these jack-asses. The few times I have delt with them, at least locally, they are a complete bunch of dicks. I guess I should be glad they were able to take time out of their busy schedule to speak with me.

6. Carrys

Carrys Inquisitive

I think they may have changed the number of days by one or two, but guys............this has been the practice of almost all major banks for years now. It's actually a Fed rule, IIRC.

Did you really read what you signed when you opened the account? Of course you didn't. You just opened the account, as most folks do.

And now you're upset?

Come on.

7. HandyMan Hugh

HandyMan Hugh NRA Life Member

I think I understand CitiCorp's unwarranted cancellation of the gun sellers account. Their rules prohibit any use of their services for unlawful purposes. They are afraid of being charged as an accessory to a crime.

What they either don't know or possibly even care about is that probably all or most of the gun transactions go through a third party (FFL dealer) before final delivery to the customer. Perhaps some of them go to C&R FFLs directly. All of it legal. Who knows if they know this or even attempted to find out. IMO they are just being chicken. If you feel strongly enough about it, stop doing business with them, and TELL 'EM WHY! :steamed:

8. tous

tous GET A ROPE!

Many of you remind me or a feller that puts his hand on a stove burner and stands there and complains about the manufacturer while his hand fries. :upeyes:

If you disagree with a company's business practices, don't do business with them.

9. Glock20 10mm

Glock20 10mm Use Linux!

While the following is not the case this time, sometimes there is no one else to do business with that has the same services you need. Also they are all in cahoots... the banks be cahootin with each other!:whistling::supergrin:

10. tous

tous GET A ROPE!

If you cannot find a company that provides what you need, rather than sit in a corner and whine, compete with them.

If you must do business with such a company, then you knew what the conditions are before you agreed, no?

You cannot be cheated without your permission.

11. Glenn129

Glenn129

Citigroup will never have to worry about me whinning about not getting my money from them. Thanks for the post.

12. Yo

Yo

I have a Citibank cc. Last month I paid off balance in full. Every penny.

This month I get a bill, showing interest owed. I call Citibank, asking WTH --why are you charging interest.

Here's what I was told: "We will charge interest unless you have paid off your balance in full THREE MONTHS in a row."

I told them what I thought of that policy. Basically, they start charging interest the moment the card is charged... no grace period even if you pay in full.

13. AWJGlock19

AWJGlock19

Deal with your small hometown banks....Our checking is with Regions a Ga/Fl bank. If you need a cc, get one from a credit union....

14. Jonesee

Jonesee

It is not a fed rule. It is a bank choice. The float on the uncollected funds helps them with their reserve requirements.

Deal with a local bank that gets to know you and they will never put a hold on your funds after they know they can trust you.

15. Haldor

Haldor Formerly retired EE.

+1 on that. I have my checking and short term savings (money market, CDs) with a credit union. Right before Christmas, my wife overdrew the checking account when she paid off the credit card balance without waiting for the paychecks to post (or verifying we had sufficient funds in the checking account to cover the payment). I found out about this on a Friday night and transferred money to cover it from the money market fund on Monday. Several charges posted Friday and Saturday and my credit union not only covered them but they didn't charge us any fees for doing it. A lot of banks would have nailed us even though we had the funds to cover the amount in question on deposit with them. I like doing business with people who are glad to have my business.

16. dherloc

dherloc X-Nuc

But you are going to have to wait 7 days to stop doing business with them. :tongueout:

17. tous

tous GET A ROPE!

:supergrin: