More brain-dead in Seattle antics--spectators hurt as driver does donuts in downtown streets

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Mr981, Sep 27, 2020.

1. Dave Lively

Dave Lively

Dodge Chargers and Challengers seem to be the vehicle of choice for that sort of thing around here.

Glock17193643 likes this.
  2. Sgt127

Sgt127

Happening in every major urban city.

Those who contribute very little to society and don’t like playing by any of the rules that govern society doing whatever they want, whenever they want.

larry_minn likes this.

3. Batesmotel

Batesmotel

Bring in fire trucks. Block all roads out. Tow all cars there straight to the crusher.

4. larry_minn

larry_minn Silver Member Millennium Member

Put them up for auction. (After legal confiscation) or allow owner to buy them back at market value.
    The ATV idiots. You must have a demolition, future construction site that has a chainlink fence up? Herd them in. Arrest everyone, impound every machine that’s not road legal. Make a show of releasing the few bike riders, bike that maybe were road legal, licensed... or just string a rope. (Can’t do that of course)

5. sourdough44

sourdough44

I’m in downtown Seattle now, work trip. There are almost zero tourists, lots of rif-raff(sorry residents). There are many closures. I went to Whole Foods then cut my walk short. I don’t have my usual compliment of security tools.

What a pee-hole downtown Seattle has become. Yes, a bit different than the ‘drafting’ shenanigans.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2020
  6. E-2-E

E-2-E Long Trail

Total sheethole. My son works at 6th and Pike, and carries everyday. I got my permit to carry a few years back, and carry on my few trips a year out there. It’s a beautiful City if they could get rid of the riff raff.

Deltic and sourdough44 like this.
  7. Aurora

Aurora

I was looking through a catalog that sold car restoration tools and materials. There was a print for sale that depicted a pair of '50's era street racers. They were being chased by the cops but the police cars got cut off by a passing train. The kids in the cars seemed to be having a good, rowdy time and were elated that they got away from "the man".

The more things change.........

It seems that a lot of us have gotten old and/or have forgotten what it's like to be young.

V.

8. Dave Lively

Dave Lively

I'll admit to doing a few doughnuts back the 70s. But back then it was something you typically did in a deserted parking lot without anyone else around. Not something you did after blocking off a street or intersection in the middle of a city with hundreds of spectators crowded around.

Speaking of blocking traffic, in Denver the big cruising location was 16th street which did get pretty congested on Friday nights due to all the kids cruising. The official response was to send out "Ticket Buster Snyder" and other officers to write a bunch of tickets, not look the other way. Ticket buster once wrote over 200 tickets in an 8 hour shift and loved his job. Mostly equipment violations but moving violations too given the chance. I wish Atlanta had a few ticket busters. It didn't stop cruising but it certainly kept a lid on it. Like everything else today the street racing seems out of control with nothing being done about it.

Aurora likes this.
  9. Aurora

Aurora

That's what gets me as well. As previously mentioned; that intersection is a street that sits between the Space Needle and the biggest TV station in Seattle. By the angle of the filming, I would say that it was filmed from the roof of that very station.

Maybe they want to be on TV? Everyone is a diva these days.

Fast and Furious? Maybe they like the risk?

V.

Dave Lively likes this.
  10. Lt. Donn

Lt. Donn PSO Survivor. currently in NW Georgia

It is not the "stunt" that is the concern; It is the lack of LE presence due to all the "defunding" practices that allow this stunt and many others to proliferate w/o consequences...as LE continue to "circle the wagons" in defense of themselves, crimes/infractions that we previously prevented/investigated routinely, will go unanswered...sadly, this is Human Nature...w/o consequences we as a species revert to our more base instincts

11. SleeperSS

SleeperSS

Did you see the video of the streets blocked by parked/stopped cars, with the police trying to get thru. If they were spectators, a drill to the tires would make for easy recovery once they took care of the really stupid people.

larry_minn likes this.
  12. Wojo88

Wojo88

Peaceful protestors just trying to slot some entertainment in their down time. Rioting and marching to a drum beat takes a lot out of a person so this helps refuel the energy. Could these be professional drivers providing the entertainment? How does an anarchist always seem to have "stuff" that costs alot of money?

13. Taz

Taz

What’s that whole dont do stupid things at stupid times with stupid people thing???

Oh yeah. My sympathy tank for freaking idiots is on E.

14. wapiti22

wapiti22

Article in the Seattle Times this morning detailing that the cops are so busy dealing with the nightly protests and "demonstrations" that they have no time left to do actual police work. Police Chief says "this has to stop. Good luck with that. With no support from the Mayor, the Governor, the City Council,(all Dems) what do you think will change????

larry_minn likes this.
  15. larry_minn

larry_minn Silver Member Millennium Member

Forgotten? Yep I remember my female classmates screaming vile things at the local Police. The same Officers who were on fire Dept. who helped rescue other classmates. Oh wait. It never happened. The stores were never burned down. The graffiti was a soap bar on the brick wall, or those chalk pencils. “CLASS OF 19xx”. “ or barb against opposing team the night before a game. The Principal “we do not condone...it will remain up till the person admits...and washes it off”
    Translation “we can’t say we approve.” After game a couple jugs of water, a brush and you have a cleaner part of wall in 5 minutes. Paint was not winked at, nor vulgar content.
    You stop for the Cops when caught being stupid. Tickets were rare. First couple times. Talking to, maybe suggestion to pick up trash... OR “I will have to call your parents”. We feared that. Dang near the Nuclear option.
    We are reaping the kinder gentler treatment of kids. The cars blocking Police need to be booted, impounded. (At minimum document with cameras, have them impounded later) Bring in about of area repo team. Laugh (to yourself)when they call the Police. “Someone stole my car...help me please”

16. Aurora

Aurora

So, you're saying there was a time where everything was clean and everyone did the right thing?

There were no riots? No stealing? No political shenanigans? No rocks thrown at cops or soldiers? Etc, etc, etc.

The last 80 years or so have been a historical anomaly.

V.

17. as400guy1

as400guy1

Wierd...if my challenger acted like that, i would bring it in for service.