More Bourbon: Colonel Lee

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Out West, Sep 13, 2019 at 11:41 PM.

1. Out West

Out West

So, I was in Total Wine today checking out all the samples. I love Bourbon. Today they were pushing Colonel Lee Bourbon. Comes in a plastic bottle and the label makes you think "skid row". On top of that a handle is only $15 (1.75l). Plus 10% off.

Surprise! This stuff is very, very good. Mellow like an aged bourbon. Caramel and vanilla flavors. No burn. Delicious straight, over ice or with water.

Distilled by Barton (a Serazac company - never had a bad drink from these guys. They also own Buffalo Trace and Weller's).

I put it in a crystal decanter. Pretty color. If I poured you a taste, I doubt you'd ever guess the price!

Get some and try it.

Upgrayedd, WeeWilly, quasii and 4 others like this.
  2. MrGlock21

MrGlock21

Interesting!
    Looking forward to getting some. Wondering if there is some in the Arlington store, website refers me to Euless. I have stocked up Jim Beam Black and Dickel 8 but I always love trying new Bourbons, especially if they are rye heavy or nicely priced.

Out West likes this.

3. F14A

F14A

Sazerac company. Makers of Pappy Van Winkle.

Out West likes this.
  4. JoeCitizen

JoeCitizen

I like all kinds of whisky/whiskey but bourbon always comes around as my favorite. So much so that at times I feel bad for the Euro crowd. They push lowly Bourbon aside as a lesser than spirit unworthy of recognition. They are missing out on one of life's truly great pleasures. I love Bourbon all on its own but it has the distiction of being a true American original. Wholly set apart from the rest of the World. Like America, it's unlike anything else in the World. I am a patriot and I feel all the more so as I sip Boubon. With pride I type this post as I sip Buffalo Trace.

If you're saying it comes from Buffalo Trace, I'm in. They couldn't make bad Bourbon if they tried.

Out West likes this.
  5. quasii

quasii

Just an FYI... The primary distributor for BT products in DFW is Specs.
    They always get the allocated bourbons first and in quantity.

Out West and MrGlock21 like this.
  6. deputy tom

deputy tom Gringo Viejo

I just checked the PA state store system. They don't carry it. tom. :fist:

7. Stevekozak

Stevekozak Stepping down to the gin palace

I will have to check in my locale for it. I am always up for a new less expensive bourbon. Some of the best drinks in my life have been less expensive. Many years ago, I used to buy a Russian vodka here, Privet, that was around $15 a handle. Should have been rotgut. It was one of the best tasting vodkas I ever had! Much purer taste than Stoli or Russian Standard, or Absolute. (I don't drink French vodkas, so by default it has to be better than that Grey Goose swill). Anyways, they don't import it anymore for reasons unknown. I only get it if I go to Moscow or one of my friends brings it over to me (I am hearing that it is getting harder to find there too.).

Out West likes this.
  8. Walter Bishop

Walter Bishop

Good find. I like the inexpensive bourbons like Benchmark and Henry McKenna. Don't know why people buy that cheap blended whiskey when you can buy real-deal Kentucky straight bourbon whiskey for such a low price.

Out West likes this.
  9. Valmet

Valmet M62/76 Silver Member

I will he putting Col. Lee on my list to try this fall...

Out West likes this.