Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
> OD Glock 32
4,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And also more American youth identify as mixed-race.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/01/30/us/30mixed.html?_r=1

One in seven new marriages is between spouses of different races or ethnicities, according to data from 2008 and 2009 that was analyzed by the Pew Research Center. Multiracial and multiethnic Americans (usually grouped together as “mixed race”) are one of the country’s fastest-growing demographic groups. And experts expect the racial results of the 2010 census, which will start to be released next month, to show the trend continuing or accelerating.
No one knows quite how the growth of the multiracial population will change the country. Optimists say the blending of the races is a step toward transcending race, to a place where America is free of bigotry, prejudice and programs like affirmative action.

Pessimists say that a more powerful multiracial movement will lead to more stratification and come at the expense of the number and influence of other minority groups, particularly African-Americans.

·
Premium Member
10,862 Posts
Optimists say the blending of the races is a step toward transcending race, to a place where America is free of bigotry, prejudice and programs like affirmative action.
:upeyes:

·
Registered
4,472 Posts
Just what exactly is your issue with blended races?

I actually welcome a day when the world is populated by a race of people who are all attractive and beige. In my head we all get the best traits of all the races and ethnic groups. Lets just hope it doesn't go the other way. :)

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
That’s neat, and makes sense from what I have seen around me. also about 50% of the people I have dated where a different race then me.

·
Still Reloading
1,255 Posts
I think the Pew Research Center is racist for even conducting such a study ............. :rofl:

Yes I am sure once we are all tan we will just sit around, holding hands and singing folk songs. :upeyes:

We are all different for a reason and more people should be proud of that fact.

·
OIF2, KFOR12
1,509 Posts
Interesting. My favorite result is this:
Adriana Francesca Lima was born on June 12, 1981 in Salvador, Bahia, Brazil. At the tender age of 13, Adriana entered the Ford Supermodel of the World Contest, where her unique beauty, derived from her Native-Brazilian, African-Brazilian, Portuguese, French, and Caribbean heritage, won her second place. Moving to New York at age 16, Adriana joined the Elite Model Management and further pursued her modeling career, landing a campaign for the fashion designer Anna Molinari's clothing line. However, it was her appearance in several Guess? campaigns that gained her the recognition that catapulted her to her status as one of the world's top fashion models. Since then, she has appeared in campaigns for Anna Sui Jeans, Bebe, Gasoline, Mossimo, Victoria's Secret, BCBG, Keds, and XOXO, and has appeared on the covers of magazines such as Vogue and Marie Claire. She consistently appears in the hyped Victoria's Secret Fashion Shows, gaining recognition as one of the Victoria's Secret's Perfect 10. In her spare time, Adriana dedicates her services to help orphans in her native Brazil. She has appeared in the Italian TIM mobile Commercials.

Gratuitous pic (most others would probably violate GT's rules):

·
Scouts Out
23,815 Posts
Good. Maybe Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson will shut up because they don't know who they're supposed to be bellowing about this week.

·
Registered
16,710 Posts
Yes I am sure once we are all tan we will just sit around, holding hands and singing folk songs. :upeyes:
Sure, people will always dream up reasons to hate each other. Racism might be hard, though, if we're all the same color. You gotta start somewhere, right?

Really? Pray tell, for what "reason" am I a different color from my wife? I guess I shouldn't be "proud" since I've got mixed-race kids.

·
Registered
398 Posts
I think the Pew Research Center is racist for even contucting such a study ............. :rofl:

We are all different but I don't understand why skin color should be one of those things.

·
Registered
20,887 Posts
I would not have minded if someone in my heritage would have hooked up with somebody of a little color. I have dealt with constant sun burns all my life and do not enjoy going out into the sun. And I love the beach and fishing.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Interesting. My favorite result is this:
Adriana Francesca Lima was born on June 12, 1981 in Salvador, Bahia, Brazil. At the tender age of 13, Adriana entered the Ford Supermodel of the World Contest, where her unique beauty, derived from her Native-Brazilian, African-Brazilian, Portuguese, French, and Caribbean heritage, won her second place. Moving to New York at age 16, Adriana joined the Elite Model Management and further pursued her modeling career, landing a campaign for the fashion designer Anna Molinari's clothing line. However, it was her appearance in several Guess? campaigns that gained her the recognition that catapulted her to her status as one of the world's top fashion models. Since then, she has appeared in campaigns for Anna Sui Jeans, Bebe, Gasoline, Mossimo, Victoria's Secret, BCBG, Keds, and XOXO, and has appeared on the covers of magazines such as Vogue and Marie Claire. She consistently appears in the hyped Victoria's Secret Fashion Shows, gaining recognition as one of the Victoria's Secret's Perfect 10. In her spare time, Adriana dedicates her services to help orphans in her native Brazil. She has appeared in the Italian TIM mobile Commercials.

Gratuitous pic (most others would probably violate GT's rules):

Nothing to add I just thought this picture was worth a second look. Will I get in trouble if I keep reposting it? You think it's to big to use as a signature?

·
Unfair Facist
26,963 Posts
They are marrying outside of their race???

Outside of the human race??????

·
Still Reloading
1,255 Posts
Really? Pray tell, for what "reason" am I a different color from my wife? I guess I shouldn't be "proud" since I've got mixed-race kids.
I don't know why you are a different color than your wife :dunno: That's how God made you I guess.

ETA - and I have never meet your kids, should you be proud of them? I would guess the only opinion that matters about that is you and your wife.

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
I have never understood that. ok so there is an evolutionary, genetic reason I am taller than my last GF. I don’t see where the pride thing comes in. I don’t also see how that should affect who I or anyone else marries. You’re in love with that person, who cares that that person’s race is? Though I will admit despite hating babies the mix race ones are cuter.

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
I would not have minded if someone in my heritage would have hooked up with somebody of a little color. I have dealt with constant sun burns all my life and do not enjoy going out into the sun. And I love the beach and fishing.
That is why after the nuclear apocalypse, when the protective atmosphere has been burned away, we with the high melanin count will rule over you!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.