close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

moral dilema...not really more of a hard choice

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by boatsanhoes, Feb 25, 2010.

1. boatsanhoes

boatsanhoes

Ok so I went to a local gun shop the other day and decided to put a ruger single six on lay away....then I got to thinking that I saw the ruger LCR and really wanted one of those. The LCR is a little cheaper and would be a good CCW for the upcoming summer months but....I have always wanted a little ruger single six. And this one is very pretty stainless steel with a nice red wood colored grips and it does come with the mag cylinder as well. Now I am debating if I should go ask if I can switch the six for the LCR or leave it the same. Anyone have any good opinions? I know the six would be fun for plinking but I have become obssesed with the CCWs as of late. Oh well at least either way it turns out I would have a nice little addition to the fam.

2. G26S239

G26S239 NRA Patron

Stick with the Single Six Convertible for now, I wish I still had the one I bought many years ago.

3. bambikilr

bambikilr

stay with the single six...great guns

4. MCPreacher

MCPreacher

Well... The Single Six is a fantastic gun, especially if you get an unmolested 3-screw and I have never fired the LCR.....

The question has to be.. do you have another gun for CCW? If so, the .22 is a good addition to ANY collection. If not, self defense should come first.

5. GreyEclipse

GreyEclipse TheGreyEclipse

Get the Single Six and just get the LCR in a month or two. =)

6. boatsanhoes

boatsanhoes

Yes I do have another few CCW and I have an old colt woodsman that I got from my late father. I would like to get the LCR in couple of months and my wife tells me NO MORE GUNS!! which is odd because she used to be way supportive of my habbits. Also she says that if I bought the LCR I wont ever get to carry it because she will have it on her.:crying:

7. bsg1

bsg1

boatsanhoes; never part with you old colt woodsman. besides the sentimental value, it doesn't get any better than the woodsman. how about twin LCRs? it's sort of like a his and her ring set, no? how impressionable is your wife? well anywhooo, good luck with your plight....

-Brady-

8. gnepig

gnepig Remember

Yeah, get them both...

9. boatsanhoes

boatsanhoes

Ya I would both like us to have a LCR which would be cool in my opinion. The only draw back would be that she harps on me sometimes about how i have the same caliber in different guns. Like why do you have 2 9mm or why you got 3 .45s things like that. And I would never get rid of that little woodsman. Took it to a couple of gun shows and people were very anxious to get me to sell it to them....but sorry not for sale wanted to know more about it. I am thinking of getting the six for now and the LCR in a little while although I hate to think the price of the LCR will sky rocket.

10. viniglock

viniglock

You can use that against her, ask her as per why she got so many shoes and purses(this is normal in the majority of women). Probably she will tell you that she likes to accessory, then you should tell her the same thing, you have many guns because you like to accessory.

11. HauntedAlabama

HauntedAlabama

Lots of fun to be had with a single six, something you can pass down to your child too. Mom has one with pearl handles dad got her way before I ever existed. I hounded mom to give it to me for years, so one Christmas not long ago my folks gave me my own. Love that gun!

12. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr CLM

I agree with all the above,.....
    Get the Single Six Convertable now. I have a 1967 model, it's OUTSTANDING!
    Super accurate, completely reliable, cheap to shoot, love it!

13. hogship

hogship Patriot Extraordinaire

The Single-Six is a very fine, rugged, and well made little pistol......lovely to look at and lovely to hold.

But....

You'll be just like 99% of the other owners of single action 22LR revolvers when it comes to range use. You'll take it to the range a few times and get tired of loading the dxxn thing! Eventually, you'll leave that nice Single-Six in the safe and get something that loads fast, shoots fast, and is 10x the fun!

Get the Single-Six.......you won't know about the truth, until you do!

hog