Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 21" Panasonic is starting to smell like hot plastic/varnish. I assume that this means it is approaching electronic death. It's 9 years old, so I guess it's time.

The picture is still normal, bright and sharp.

I just unplug it when I'm not here.

Now looking for a good refurb 21 or bigger CRT. I cannot afford an LCD this big and it seems most retailers have discontinued bigger CRTs.

Ahh, the smell of hot varnish -- How do I get the stench out of the house. It's stronger than the cat!!!

ARS

·
Registered
499 Posts

·
Cool Cat
12,111 Posts
Originally posted by aspartz
My 21" Panasonic is starting to smell like hot plastic/varnish. I assume that this means it is approaching electronic death. It's 9 years old, so I guess it's time.

The picture is still normal, bright and sharp.

I just unplug it when I'm not here.

Now looking for a good refurb 21 or bigger CRT. I cannot afford an LCD this big and it seems most retailers have discontinued bigger CRTs.

Ahh, the smell of hot varnish -- How do I get the stench out of the house. It's stronger than the cat!!!

ARS
Remove the monitor from the house, then get some http://www.inspiredliving.com/odor-control.htm or simular product as well as air out the place.

I wouldn't mess around, that monitor could go Nagasaki on you ASAP. :shocked:

It is on it's way to a melt down soon so I recomend you get a nice new but older flat screen 21" tube monitor for under $200.00! If you got major dollars go with an LCD. :supergrin: ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts