Mollie Tibbetts’ Dad: Don’t Use My Daughter’s Death To Promote ‘Racist’ Views

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by snerd, Sep 2, 2018.

1. snerd

snerd Horselover Fat

I found this interesting, only because a few of you here had commented that she was from the ilk who votes to enable all of these illegal aliens. Well, here's the proof.

The father of slain Iowa college student Mollie Tibbetts blasted people using his daughter’s death to promote “profoundly racist” views — a day after President Trump’s son published a screed blaming Democrats’ “radical open-borders agenda” for her demise.

In an op-ed published in the Des Moines Register Friday, Donald Trump Jr. called Democrats “despicable” for their responses to Tibbetts’ death at the hands of an illegal Mexican immigrant — despite the family’s repeated requests Mollie’s death not be used as a political football.

And so Tibbetts’ dad Rob took to the paper’s pages Saturday to lambast those who cynically use the murder to score political points — using Trump Jr.’s own words against him.

“I encourage the debate on immigration; there is great merit in its reasonable outcome. But do not appropriate Mollie’s soul in advancing views she believed were profoundly racist. The act grievously extends the crime that stole Mollie from our family and is, to quote Donald Trump Jr., ‘heartless’ and ‘despicable,’” he wrote.

It was the only time he mentioned Trump Jr. by name in the column, published in the same paper one day after the president’s son’s.

“Allow us to grieve in privacy and with dignity. At long last, show some decency. On behalf of my family and Mollie’s memory, I’m imploring you to stop,” Rob continued.

While Trump Jr. used his soapbox to renew his father’s unfulfilled campaign promise of building a wall along the nation’s southern border, Rob Tibbetts sought to deflect blame away from the Latino community.

“The person who is accused of taking Mollie’s life is no more a reflection of the Hispanic community as white supremacists are of all white people. To suggest otherwise is a lie,” he wrote.

“To the Hispanic community, my family stands with you and offers its heartfelt apology. That you’ve been beset by the circumstances of Mollie’s death is wrong.”

https://nypost.com/2018/09/02/molli...e-my-daughters-death-to-promote-racist-views/

You'd think this guy would be all for the WALL?!

2. Anomander

Anomander

I am confuse. How is keeping criminals from crossing our borders "racist?"

3. fastbolt

fastbolt

Some people experience and express their grief differently.

If it's a known "strategy" for some progressive politicians to "never let a crisis go to waste", some folks disparaging what's being said and discussed in the press, about this family's specific tragedy, might seem to involve senseless name calling among pots and kettles.

While I obviously can't know what's in the mind of everyone discussing criminal acts and the influence of unlawful immigration, trying to link someone's fervent desire to reduce a source of societal crime to them just being racist seems an odd deflection from the underlying problem.

4. Wolfie38S

Wolfie38S

BINGO

Fred Hansen likes this.
  5. Wolfie38S

Wolfie38S

First its only a crime if there is a witness.

Most illegals here overstay their Visas when they fly in.

Boston to Miami coasts are loaded with illegal Europeans working in bars and restaurants.

So it is racist to focus on one group than another.

Stendec likes this.
  6. DonGlock26

DonGlock26

Why remain silent, so more illegals can murder more AMERICAN victims?
    The father should remove his politics from this and mourn in private.

treg, Fred Hansen, hogship and 2 others like this.
  7. Wolfie38S

Wolfie38S

Why remain silent? You should never be silent. You should investigate both sides. The evaluate how we got here.

Mandatory everify would eliminate lots of this stuff, but the GOP is against it.

8. plp

plp

Fact remains, had our past Administrations done their jobs and secured our borders, she might still be alive.

No guarantees of course, but today there is a clear signal to illegal immigrants just come on up, we will take care of you.

It might surprise many to know some of the most vociferous critics of our present southern border are those Latins I've worked with, whom did it legally. Most aren't even citizens, are still on work visas, but go to the trouble of remaining legal.

It isn't that difficult to do.

treg, Roger1079, hogship and 5 others like this.
  9. DonGlock26

DonGlock26

Some in the GOP are against it, not everyone in the GOP. I'm all for it and a wall.

hogship, Glockworks and Wolfie38S like this.
  10. BlueBacker

BlueBacker

When even the murder of your own daughter doesn't wake you up, the brainwashing is complete.

War is Peace
    Freedom is Slavery
    Ignorance is Strength.

11. Biggy1

Biggy1

There is nothing racist about it, that is one ignorant statement. Does this guy leave the doors to his house always unlocked so anyone can come in at anytime ? Its the same with the border, so lets build the wall. ** LEGAL** immigrants only !! and MAGA.

marchboom, hogship, nursetim and 2 others like this.
  12. Wolfie38S

Wolfie38S

I am also for a wall, for security reasons. Should have been done after 911.

hogship and Glockworks like this.
  13. robhic

robhic I'm your huckleberry.... Platinum Member

True. It sorta cheapens the death of an innocent young woman. I find that really sad.

hogship and Glockworks like this.
  14. jeanderson

jeanderson Making America great again! Platinum Member

“Profoundly racist views.” Well, he’s drinking the Kool Aid. From the leftstream media’s firehose.

robhic, Bassman1985, hogship and 2 others like this.
  15. D-Ric902

D-Ric902

Grieving families get a pass
    But I doubt he wrote it, likely a spokesman.

Very liberal family from all accounts

lazarus66 and Glockworks like this.
  16. fastbolt

fastbolt

Agree (to the point they don't try to influence national politics).
    Possible.
    Wouldn't be surprised.

17. Glockworks

Glockworks Thank God for Prez Trump and VP Pence!

Right idea, but your timeline is incorrect. Should have been done by the late 80s as was promised.

robhic, hogship, nursetim and 2 others like this.
  18. sigmanx

sigmanx

Him and his daughter are/were both idiots. Had they not been so retarded she would still be alive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nursetim likes this.
  19. JFrame

JFrame

Racist -- like that CNN moron referring to Antifa as a largely "African-American organization"...?

Both the willful and woefully indoctrinated leftists don't seem to have a clue as to what constitutes racism, or when THEY'RE the ones actually projecting it. o_O

20. Mayhem like Me

Mayhem like Me Semper Paratus

Crocks of crap, All these combined are a small percentage of whats coming in south of the border.

All those listed are gone after as well, cherry picking your info is typical.

Roger1079, hogship, nursetim and 3 others like this.