close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Mojo Criollo marinade

Discussion in 'Food Forum' started by The Pontificator, Mar 23, 2004.

1. The Pontificator

The Pontificator Angry Samoan

How many people use Mojo Criollo to marinade chicken, pork, etc?

For those unfamiliar, Mojo Criollo is found in the Hispanic food section of many supermarkets and is made by a variety of manufacturers (Lisy, La Lechonera, Badia, Goya Foods).

Delicious!

2. noway

noway

I use it on just about all white meats ( Pork & Chicken and sometimes fish ).

The best mojo you can get is made by you. A few squeezes of sour oranges, limes , salt,pepper,crushed garlic and cumin and you pretty much adjust the ingredients to your level of taste. Here in fl you can find just about everything in the local markets or spanish markets for your marinade. Le Lechonara and Kirby are the 2 brands I like.

3. The Pontificator

The Pontificator Angry Samoan

I agree, and have a home made Mojo recipe here somewhere...gotten from "Miami Spice" by Steven Raichlen.

A lot of bottled mojo are too salty for me esp. Lisy.

MOJO CRIOLLO MARINADE

Makes 1 cup

1/3 cup olive oil
    6-8 cloves garlic, minced
    2/3 cup fresh sour orange juice or bottled sour orange jice (Naranja Agria) or substitute lime juice
    1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
    salt and freshly ground pepper to taste

heat olive oil in deep saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic and cook until fragrant and lightly toasted but not brown, about 30 seconds.

Add sour orange juice, cumin and salt and pepper. Stand back: sauce may sputter. Bring sauce to a rolling boil. Correct seasonings.

Cool before using. Will keep for several days refrigerated.