close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Mohawked Man Goes on Miami Airport Assault

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by DonGlock26, Mar 22, 2010.

1. DonGlock26

DonGlock26

Mohawked Man Goes on Miami Airport Assault

Cops taser out of control bad boy at MIA

By BRIAN HAMACHER
    Updated 6:33 PM EDT, Mon, Mar 22, 2010

An out-of-control mohawked man went on an airport assault in Miami early this morning, tussling with workers and police before he was finally tasered and arrested.

Michael John Jones, 43, was arrested shortly after 2 a.m. after police said he went berserk inside one of the concourses at MIA.

According to a police report, Jones attacked two men without warning inside Concourse H, approaching them with fists clenched and then throwing a metal luggage cart at them.

The cart missed, but Jones wasn't finished. He got a hold of one of the victims and started punching him in the face, the report said.

When officers arrived and confronted Jones, he wasn't going quietly. He refused to get on the ground until he was threatened with getting Tasered. He finally did lay on the ground, but then got up and advanced on the officer.

The Taser didn't work at first, but when it finally did, it didn't stop Jones initially, and he reached the officer and began pummeling him.

Backup arrived, and the officers were able to wallop Jones into submission, but not before he was Tasered twice more.

An airport source said Jones had been outside the area earlier, punching taxi cab hoods. The source said he'd heard the man was a released prisoner who came in on a plane from Costa Rica, but police haven't verified that.

Jones was arrested and charged with assault, battery and resisting arrest with violence. His arrest photo showed his scruffy face bruised and a cut below his right eye.

First Published: Mar 22, 2010 11:36 AM EDT

http://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local-beat/Mohawked-Man-Goes-on-Miami-Airport-Assault-88828812.html

2. VHT

VHT

Taser didn't work at first? Missed a prong maybe? HATE when that happens... So far, I've never seen it not rocks someone's world when you get a good hit.

3. slama683

slama683

4. msu_grad_121

msu_grad_121 BOOSH

Wallop? Pummel? Someone just got a new Thesaurus! :supergrin:

5. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

Pummel is fine. We use it. Wallop, I have not seen in any report in my lifetime.

I have used subdural hematoma, surmised, mayhaps, perchance, whence, hereinafter, heretofore, flourish, and flabbergasted in a report. Caused the sergeant to scratch his head... and say "what the...."

6. kirgi08

kirgi08 Watcher. Silver Member

7. DonGlock26

DonGlock26

"delivered a slap to interrupt suspect's thought processes" :supergrin:

8. msu_grad_121

msu_grad_121 BOOSH

I did see the word "bamboozled" in a larceny report, once. I could tell you about it, but then I'd have to kill you. :whistling:

9. CarloTwoGuns

CarloTwoGuns

lol .. im dying hahah