close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

MOH pacific assault

Discussion in 'The Players Club' started by G-sus, Feb 18, 2005.

1. G-sus

G-sus Dutch Member

Didn't know this place existed till someone posted a link in the OAF.

Anyway, I installed this game and started playing, well I have some problems.

I have a Dell P4 2,800, and a good video card (sorry not really into the names, I think its a radeon), 512 ram etc.

Now my problem is that the game is running slow, it runs slow even when I play it on 800x600 (and the rest of the stuff is also, low of medium). How come? the game looks like crap now and it's still stuttering as I play it.

Anyone have the same problem? How do I fix it?

2. G-sus

G-sus Dutch Member

Hmmm no moderators, no online people, no replys....

Is this forum dead?

:)

3. tgtshuter

tgtshuter Too Beaucoup

4 hours is not an outrageous time for not having replies to a post.

Still, I know it sucks when nobody replies. I had made a post once that never got a reply, and it had a lot of "views". Anyway...;a

I haven't played MOH, but run several other FPS games. I saw a big improvement when I added more RAM to get 1MB.
    Hard to say what is a "good" video card these days. I have a ATI 9800 Pro 128MG, and still get some slow frame rates with busy scenes.

4. G-sus

G-sus Dutch Member

I'm used to the OAF, 20 replys in the first minute :).

Anyway, I'm just wondering what I can do, I'm going to install a patch and see if that fixes anything (don't think it will).

Thanks anyway

5. Tvov

Tvov

Did you check to make sure there is nothing else running on your computer? On WinXP, I always bring up the Task Manager and under "Owner", I "end process" everything except "explorer" and "taskmgr". Also, shut down your screen saver (if you have one), I am not sure why but this can make a difference.

Also, before I play online I always use AdAware to get rid of any spyware. I hope that it prevents anything from running in the middle of a game.

According to your comp specs, you shouldn't have any problems running the game. Famous last words.

6. G-sus

G-sus Dutch Member

I know that's whats strange. If I shut my screensaver down, will I get a black background after a few minutes or will I finally be able to keep looking at my monitor from my bed ? ;f

7. Tvov

Tvov

So... How's the game running? Another place to try your questions is Tech Talk, that place is full of geeks! (and I mean that in a good way!)

8. fastvfr

fastvfr Ancient Tech

Look! Here's a Tech Talk Geek now!!! ;b

Okay, the first thing I'd do is open System (r. click My Computer> Properties) and click the Advanced tab.

Then click the Performance Settings button and select Adjust For Best Performance, then click Custom and tick the bottom 4 boxes. Apply and OK it.

A few other things to try are that extra 512MB of RAM that was suggested (it really can make a world of difference), and another is to ask your friend Google, who will bring up links to reviews that will tell you that EA coded yet another steamin' pile.

In other words, this title runs dog-slow on even ubermachines with $400 vid cards.

Try turning down the eye candy in the games Options, and make sure your vid card's driver CP has AA and AF set to Off.

Then defrag your hard drive; that's really about all you can do.

GL!

9. Rasco

Rasco Swollen Member

I played this game for about 10 minutes, then I uninstalled it and deleted it.

This game sucks.

If you paid cash for it, see if there's any way you can get store credit and go back and get Call of Duty, or CoD United Offensive, or Brothers in Arms, or hell, even Medal of Honor Allied Assault would be better.

I just did not care for this game at all. I thought it was poorly made and a weak attempt to cash in on a popular franchise name.

If you like Medal of Honor Allied Assault, it's TRUE sequals are the Call of Duty series. I'd suggest that.

10. FrEaK_aCcIdEnT

FrEaK_aCcIdEnT

its not that it sucks it just takes alot to play it. u need way more ram at a minimum. if u turn everything as low as it will go then it should play fine. if u are playing on the net then u may have ping issues with the servers ur trying to play on. i have a 2.2 with 1gb memory and with everything on low i still only get 20 frames per second on that one. i quit playing it after a few days cause my computer hated it. hope this helps and if any of it has been explained already sorry. i have experience with this and MOHAA SH and Breakthrough. here is a couple of things u can do to see if its ur video card and if u play on the net it will tell u if its the server ur playing on.

if u know how to pull down ur console type this into it.

cg_lagometer 1

this will bring up a little box in the middle bottom of ur screen. the top line is ur video card and the bottom screen is ur connection with the server. if u have large spikes or RED on bottom then its the connection with the server. either thier end or ur ISP (internet Service Provider) DSL 1.5mb service is about as slow as u can go to play. if u have spikes or YELLOW showing on top then thats ur video card struggling to keep up.

with ur setup i would put all graphics on lowest detal and no texture compression, wall decals, or entity lighting selected. the less ur card has to process the better it will run.

if u get tired of the little box at the bottom of ur screen u can turn it off with this...

cg_lagometer 0

any other commands i might be able to help u out with pm me and i can give u my email. if u have teamspeak ( a program we use to communicate during scrims and matches) the ip is 70.84.228.202:9104.

11. G-sus

G-sus Dutch Member

I bought it when I was in london on a vacation. It was something like, buy 4 games get the fifth free or something (all discount games). So I scooped up some games I thought would be cool. This was one of them.

So it's not like I paid 40 dollars for it. Paid like 6 I think..