Glock Talk banner

Mods

879 14
I know why people like Glocks now :) It took me 20min to install 4 parts with one single Glock punch tool and pair of small pliers. Installed Vickers mag release and slide stop, rsm slide lock and slide back plate with american flag. All this is on youtube and I never feel myself sutisfied in gunsmithing as much as with my G19 gen 4. In about one hour I learn how to disasemble it in all parts! I might be getting another Glock soon... :)
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
9,061 Posts
While I love doing a total detail strip on a 1911 and find it therapeutic, I can't figure out how anyone can't figure out how to break down a Glock. They practically fall apart in your hands.

· Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
One time I tried to replace safety lever on my Beretta 92fs and what a hadache, I broke my punch tool inside of tiny-mini hole and I have to ship my slide to Beretta to fix it, I would never forget this. Simplicity of Glocks is amazing, I could probably rebuild it myself 100%.

· M62/76
14,795 Posts
I'm not overly competent with my hands when it comes to mechanical things but over the years I've essentially learned to do everything a Glock armorers can do and aside from their flat-out reliability, the sheer simplicity of Glocks make me love them even more. So much so that I can overlook how damn ugly they are

· Just sayin'
4,680 Posts
I enjoy working on my Glock pistols. Easy to figure out where all the parts go. In comparison, My Ruger Mark III Hunter can be a pain to detail strip and reassemble.

Reactions: Mr Wasabi

· Registered
190 Posts
Can not best the simplicity of Glock. This weekend i should have all my parts in to bring my new 26 up to where my 19 is.

vickers slide stop
Frame Plug
Smooth gen 3 trigger and trigger bar
.25 polish
Ghost Range 4.5 connector
Undercut 26 and 19 trigger guards.

· Just sayin'
4,680 Posts
<snip> Takes me three hours, a bunch of cussing, and a busted knuckle to get them back together.
Sounds like me when I first acquired my Mark III. Now it takes me about an hour to field strip, clean, and reassemble.

· Registered
63 Posts
As earlier posted, another reason for Glock Perfection.
Easy to work on.
Realise I'm not the gunsmith I want to be and things usually come apart a whole lot easier than they go back together. The first time I took a Glock apart I went "oh crap". It did just fall apart. Crazy thing was it seemed like it went back together easier than it came apart.
Got the Complete Glock Reference Guide and it seemed like it was going to be too easy. I was wrong.
Lot of information in it too. Parts cross reference etc etc.
Also luv the 1911 and taking it all the way apart to clean if I have an hour or so which I rarely do.
As far as the MKIII Hunter my first disassembly ended up at Volquartzen. Even with the Majestic Arms take down mod I would still rather take down a Glock.

· Registered
69 Posts
I am happy to see somebody else who shares an interest in mods! I made a few changes to my 19 as well:

- Replaced all internals w/ Titanium parts including, but not limited to: striker, plunger, locking block, safety.

- Installed a 3.5 lb Trigger kit.

- Installed Glock 3 dot night sights.

- Installed a Lone Wolf extended slide lock.

- Installed a Lone Wolf extended slide release.

- Installed a Lone Wolf extended magazine release.

- Installed a Lone Wolf grip plug.

- Installed Talon Grips.

- Highlighted all slide/magazine engravings.

I had a lot of fun with this project. Though Glocks require zero changes, it sure is fun to tinker!

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.