close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Mods to Glock

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by table, Sep 5, 2011.

1. table

table

if i polish my factory internals and refinish my slide a different color will this disqualify my gun to shoot GSSF?

2. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Your Glock will still be considered stock as long as there are no aftermarket internals.

3. njl

njl

Has anyone ever compiled a list of allowed and forbidden "changes" more explicit than what's occasionally published in the Glock Report?

Danny, your response above is misleading, because last I checked, there were some "modifications" to Glock produced parts that are not permitted as stock. i.e. AFAIK, the following are only allowed in Unlimited:

Moving the trigger spring hole in the trigger bar (which is a common practice in "higher end" Glock trigger jobs).

Removing material from the connector to make it a weaker leaf spring.

Milling the slide to lighten it (to improve function with reduced loads).

Grip reductions.

None of these necessarily involve the use aftermarket parts.

4. unclebob

unclebob

You can do just about anything you want with an Unlimited gun as long as you start out with a Glock frame. All of the other categories are like what Danny said.

5. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Modified parts are no longer factory stock. Polishing merely simulates accelerated wear. Adding holes, changing springs, etc. are not permitted in stock.

For example, a G17 stock trigger bar is permitted in a G19 or G26, but a modified trigger bar is only permitted in unlimited. Modifying a stock part makes it a non stock part.

Any slide or frame modification places the pistol in either Unlimited or Amateur Cheater category, and cheating is highly frowned upon in GSSF.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2011
  6. MajorD

MajorD

the gssf program is at its core designed not to be an equipment race- it is intended to be a way to compete with a stock gun. take the gun out of the box and shoot. the gssf rules are the best way to decide if the mod is legal or not. polishing internals and refinish slide s fine. if in doubt don't do it.

7. mike g35

mike g35

The fact that GSSF isn't an equipment race is what makes it great. You put a bunch of people shooting together to see who wins and they are all shooting basically the same gun. That shows who has skill not who has the best equipment. Believe me if equipment won matches I would be a national champion but I'm not, not even close. The point of GSSF is to enjoy yourself. I have more money in my Glocks than anyone else on the GSSF forum most likely but when I shot my first match with thee people I learned that equipment and "mods" do not help you that much. I'm gonna tell you something that people told me and I wish I would have listened. Save your money for ammo do not spend it on "mods" once you modify a Glock it is only legal in UL. Practice and taking the advice of master shooters will make you a better competitor not the amount or expense of the equipment you buy.
    Wait, did I just say that?????????:tongueout:

8. mike g35

mike g35

One more thing I wish I would have listened to, shoot your CivAm gun more than anything else. Get good with a stock Glock and then when you get a racegun like mine you will already have the basic skills to make it "race". LEARN FUNDAMENTALS!!!
    I'm still working on that myself. And if you enjoy working on your gun then by all means do it ust remember you put in anything after market and you just stuck you Glock in one division,UL, where you will have to compete with masters that have raceguns. Anyway, just some advice, and more importantly...................................WELCOME TO GSSF!!!!!!!

9. table

table

The reason I ask is I plan on refinishing my slide because the finish is horrible. Thought since I'm gonna refinish it might as well go silver. Is anything like this in the rule book?

10. DEJ/FL

DEJ/FL Millennium Member

As long as the slide stays in it's "stock" physical form, refinishing is allowed. If the slide is machined in any way, then it's only allowed in Unlimited/Master category.

Dan:cool:

11. BamaTrooper

BamaTrooper Retired

Don't refinish, just polish to a mirror shine

12. njl

njl