close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Modifying a Milt Sparks VMII?

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by greenLED, Jan 11, 2010.

1. greenLED

greenLED

I know this will sound a bit like sacrilege, but bear with me...

Has anybody modified their VMII holsters?

Because of how tall (or, rather, how short) I am, I find that the grip of my carry piece digs into my lower ribs (especially bothersome when I sit down). If I didn't spend so much time sitting during my day, it wouldn't be as much of a drag.

I'm thinking that if the pistol sat 1/4" lower on my waist (and maybe adjust the cant a bit), I would minimize the situation. I've been using the kydex clips (office dress code), so I'm thinking of drilling some extra holes and adjusting the holster's height that way.

Before I proceed, I just want to check and see whether anybody else has tried this.

(No, a smaller pistol is not an option right now.)

Thanks.

2. Captain Bligh

Captain Bligh

You're right. Sacrilege! :shame:

I wouldn't know how to go about doing it and would be afraid I'd be messing up a work of art.

3. greenLED

greenLED

I e-mailed the kind folks at MS. Nobody's asked or reported doing this before, so I'm on my own. The only warning I received is that drilling extra holes might weaken the clip. I'm not sure how that would be possible, unless I drilled the extra holes really close to each other or something...

I did get an MTAC holster just yesterday, so I proceeded to lower the entire holster one hole down. That took care of the poking on my ribs, but I can't get my usual grip on the gun. There might be a training work-around to that, but I don't want to add too many variables to my carrying right now.

Next I proceeded to move the rear clip so the cant is more neutral than stock. That is making things more comfortable for me. I'll give this setup a try for a few days and then will whip out the Dremel tool onto the VMII's kydex clips and modify the rear clip.

As much as I like the VMII, it makes the gun ride to high for me. The belt loops are even higher.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2010
  4. madcitycop

madcitycop

Easy solution, sell it to me for a very cheap price and get something that fits. :)

5. Glockdude1

Glockdude1 Federal Member CLM

Ban Him!!!!!

Seriously, buy a different holster.

:cool:

6. Bobshouse

Bobshouse

In the ribs!? Lower your pants....

[​IMG]

7. Glockdude1

Glockdude1 Federal Member CLM

[​IMG]