Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 3V recon tanto from cold steel, and I always thought the design would benefit if it had a brass or steel guard, now I may have that option.

https://sunrisecustomknives.com/repairs/repairs.php

Does anyone know about this shop and has anyone used there services? If you have, how good or bad is their work and would you recommend them? If no, who do you recommend I go to in order to get the modifications I want?

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I contacted the seller, and he is not interested in working on my blade, anyone know of any other knife makers they would recommend for the work I asked for? My knife will look something like this.

upload_2020-5-12_3-43-36.png

The only difference will be that the handle will be a solid block of black canvas Micarta and the guard will be made of brass.

·
Registered
3,354 Posts
I contacted the seller, and he is not interested in working on my blade, anyone know of any other knife makers they would recommend for the work I asked for? My knife will look something like this.

View attachment 755486

The only difference will be that the handle will be a solid block of black canvas Micarta and the guard will be made of brass.
[email protected]

He can make or do anything with or for a knife. You’re only limited by your wallet.

Tell him Dr Rick, from Virginia sent you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
NRA Life Member
66,537 Posts

View attachment 755486

Do it yourself. That will be more satisfying anyhow.

·
Registered
16,688 Posts
I don't know of any knife maker near me that would do that. I have several Cold Steel blades. You might be better off just having a custom made for you with the handle and guard you want. The tanto blade shape is pretty common so many knifesmiths could easily make what you want.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,354 Posts
Like I said, Matt Cook, can remake a knife in the style of choice or modify yours with explicit instructions on what you want.

But you need some deep pockets because he doesn’t come cheap.

He has remade many knives, including Balisongs.

I have spent thousands of dollars with him. We have become very good friends ever since I met him in 2009. He has a lot of raw materials such as dinosaur bone, mammoth ivory, micarta. He has forged steel and Damascus. There isn’t anything that he can’t make.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 8 of 8 Posts